What's new

Interesting little point

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near a stream here in Maine..Not sure of the type but I have nothing else like it..mjm 20200101_114428.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sent a picture of this point to a Maine archeologist and he was pretty interested in it ...said it looked like it may have been a reworked Paleo point..he wants to know everything I can tell him about where it was found.So we'll see...mjm
 
Great find. Congratulations :icon_thumright:
 
Sent a picture of this point to a Maine archeologist and he was pretty interested in it ...said it looked like it may have been a reworked Paleo point..he wants to know everything I can tell him about where it was found.So we'll see...mjm

my first impression was that it is a re-based tip.
 
Great find!
dts
 
20200103_084814.webp I believe it is...
 
It doesn't seem to have been a completed point that was re-based as much as a biface the guy was improvising into one until he gave up on it (maybe figured it was close enough for government work). Interesting.
 
Sweet find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
So my latest opinion on this point .Apparently rebasing tips was a practice in the late Paleo very early Archaic period.I was delighted to get the information...So nice call Quito...
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom