What's new

Interesting Nickel Finds 1938 D BU X 2

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
314
Golden Thread
0
After my big silver half score at the end of 2010, my daughter and I have been hitting the nickels hard. We only need four more dates to complete our book (1950, 1950D, 1953S, 1955). Getting very close :hello2:

But in the $150 in nickels we've been thru this week we have had two very interesting finds. We got two BU 1938 D nickels. This is a tough date, and we were shocked to get two of them in brand new condition... Pretty interesting. Not big money or silver, but still pretty cool. We each kept one as we have a VG or Fine one in our book already we found a while back...

You'd think if these were part of a collection we'd have found lots of other early BU nickels, but just these two.

Oh well, always interesting in CRH! I'm off on a road trip for work next week. Hope to get some fresh halves...

HSH

:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
That is interesting. I'd've been happy with just one. I lack three for my book, including '38D ('38D & S, '50D). Good luck on finding the others.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Thanks! Can't believe you got the 1950 D. I've pretty much given up hope on that one....
 
No, no, no, don't give up your hope. Here is an inspiration for you. I finished two sets from Roll searching.

P1082001.webp
 
After 5 skunk boxes of Nickels (no silvers) I am going to move off them for a few months!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom