What's new

Interesting piece of jewelry and an Indian

lostlake88

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
642
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
This piece of jewelry and the indian head were found about 7 inches deep and were about 6" apart. I first found the jewelry, sounded like a silver dime, then I put the plug back and moved on. I came back to the same spot a little later by happen stance and got another good signal near the jewelry hole and dug an indian. I wonder if they were lost together? The jewel is an emerald for sure set in sterling silver.
 

Attachments

  • P1010006.webp
    P1010006.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 535
  • P1010009.webp
    P1010009.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 525
  • P1010011.webp
    P1010011.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 518
  • P1010008.webp
    P1010008.webp
    33 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Cant help with what the silver piece is other than knowing it's a nice looking piece :thumbsup: Nice hunt congrats on the finds.
Glenn
 
That's a pretty looking coin. Wonder what the story is on that piece of jewelry.
 
Hi I haven't posted anything in forever so forgive me if I mess up . LOL

I believe what you have found in the jewelry is what is supose to be a lyre, a kind of harp. I have a thought, that it could be from Ireland the Lyre is one of their symbols. Here are some links to check out.

http://www.alisonvardy.com/harp-info/early-harp-history.htm

http://www.online-mythology.com/orpheus_eurydice/

http://jewelry.shop.ebay.com/items/...Z281QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ1QQ_scZ1

Hope this is interesting to you. Cool find BTW!

I can't see for sure, but the jewelry may be the head of a ring broke off. My best guess. :wink:
 
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Cant help with what the silver piece is other than knowing it's a nice looking piece :thumbsup: Nice hunt congrats on the finds.
Glenn

I'll Cosign that. :occasion14: :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom