What's new

Interesting ring recovered possible military ???

DIGGING1971GUY

Sr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2011
Messages
324
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Found this sterling ring today ,my question is ,is it military related ?
The picture is about the best I can do ,it appears to be an eagle /bird perched on a shield ,the shield has two swords
crossing through it . :dontknow: any help would be great and thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 002-400.webp
    002-400.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 359
looks like an Army Air Corps ring
 
Upvote 0
lostcauses said:
what does the top of the ring look like? Any markings on the inside?
The top had something there but it is now gone ,only marking is inside marked sterling
Here is the top anyway ,wish it had been intact ,but still very grateful for the find
 

Attachments

  • 008-400.webp
    008-400.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0
I think i have found a cpl like that but not made of silver give me a few to find them and post a pick i believe it was another eagle on top maybe boy scouts or a military support ring
 
Upvote 0
plymouthian12 said:
looks like an Army Air Corps ring
I found one very similar to mine Army Air Corps ,world war one
Think you were right on with first guess :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I found an all silver one but i think this one had a gold wings and prop
 
Upvote 0
The 1st 2 pics are of my Army Air Corp the 2nd 2 are what i believe are Boy Scouts are Military support
 

Attachments

  • aac 006p.webp
    aac 006p.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 553
  • aac 008p.webp
    aac 008p.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 547
  • aac 003p.webp
    aac 003p.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 603
  • aac 004p.webp
    aac 004p.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 631
Upvote 0
I have found a few very similar to these up here in the Finger Lakes waters. I believe mine are military and from the Sampson Base solders stationed here during WWII. All have the same empty top as yours. I'll try to find and post 'em --
 
Upvote 0
aka said:
I have found a few very similar to these up here in the Finger Lakes waters. I believe mine are military and from the Sampson Base solders stationed here during WWII. All have the same empty top as yours. I'll try to find and post 'em --
That would be great ,thanks !!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom