What's new

Interesting stone - but is it something interesting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't seem like the correct material nor what looks to be hand made. I'm a pessimist whenever I come across funny shaped rocks but I kept this one. I found it amongst sharp edges NJ stone in the dirt and it seemed odd enough to keep. It's been in my basement for a few months and I can't dismiss it, so someone please tell me it's just a nice shaped rock?! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451786403.413796.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451786416.485997.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451786427.775259.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451786439.081261.webp

It looks nice in my basement bar display

Thanks

Steve
 
Upvote 0
The damage in one area like it has indicates to me that it could have possibly been used as a hammerstone.
 
Was it found near water? Where I live we find Indian artifacts every now then and none of the stones come from our immediate area could be a artifact that's was picked up in 1 area then used and dropped somewhere else
 
Was it found near water? Where I live we find Indian artifacts every now then and none of the stones come from our immediate area could be a artifact that's was picked up in 1 area then used and dropped somewhere else

It was not very close to water. Several miles to the nearest creek and 20 miles to an oven or river.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom