Into a chamber

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bit of a necessary absence...now retired, dusted off my Anfibio and am back aboard my sailing vessel seeking silver, gold coins from Sea Otter trade late 1700's to early 1800's. North Pacific Coast pretty much to myself as my ship is full liveaboard with woodstove....no commuting. A bit early to be heading for the north coast but I did some work just recently near the south end of Vancouver Island, an active historic trading area. Good success on 20th century coins. As a point of interest on my last outing got a good dig-able signal on all metal mode 91 gain so I was deep. Digging it out the hole (about 4" diameter) suddenly caved in to a small chamber. Not wanting to dig a huge hole I decided to cover it back up and return with some kind of strategy to explore what might be inside if anything. It has since snowed heavily so I am at least a week to get back in there. I have heard of plumbing snake lights with video feed back for getting into small places .... any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should work. Check out your local plumbing supplier.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks... did that. On the software included learning curve...but video sample included ...absolutely fantastic... get back to you after the snow melt. Serious 500 yr old trading area... now just present day hikers, swimmers... but hey ... a ring etc... no such thing as a bad day ..out there..

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
First Nation Fishing "Cache"?

Bit of a necessary absence...now retired, dusted off my Anfibio and am back aboard my sailing vessel seeking silver, gold coins from Sea Otter trade late 1700's to early 1800's. North Pacific Coast pretty much to myself as my ship is full liveaboard with woodstove....no commuting. A bit early to be heading for the north coast but I did some work just recently near the south end of Vancouver Island, an active historic trading area. Good success on 20th century coins. As a point of interest on my last outing got a good dig-able signal on all metal mode 91 gain so I was deep. Digging it out the hole (about 4" diameter) suddenly caved in to a small chamber. Not wanting to dig a huge hole I decided to cover it back up and return with some kind of strategy to explore what might be inside if anything. It has since snowed heavily so I am at least a week to get back in there. I have heard of plumbing snake lights with video feed back for getting into small places .... any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

I live in Northern BC on a Lake that has numerous "First Nation Caches" around the Lake...some on my own property.
Caches were holes and caves dug into the ground in order that these people could leave their fishing equipment in and not have to carry them out each time they visited.

Maybe this is what you have located?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread