sewshiny
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Jul 9, 2016
- Messages
- 7
- Reaction score
- 5
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cherokee Co. , Tx
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting




Can anyone help me identify the maker & age of these handles? I bought them a number of years ago from a little antique shop in Bay St. Louis. They weigh 6.6 & 6.8 oz and are both 5 1/2" x2 1/2". I think they are brass, but they don't have much tarnish. They have decorative engravings on the front & back & all parts are engraved with L. Pinet. The back of the handles have a small C engraved on them. Kind of fascinating to me that someone would go to such lengths to sign & engrave the backs when they must have been attached to something at one time. If anyone knows anything about these handles or L.Pinet please share.
thanks,
ava


), the handles were solid. Yours has a design on the face, but is hollow on the back side of the handle. I think that is also a key that the piece is not antique. But again, I'm not an expert!






