🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Introduced a new guy to the hobby and returned a lost ring..

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went looking for a place to hunt Thursday night. We found a 3 story that looked very promising. It got dark before we knew it but, with a chance at a house like that we stayed and broke out the IR... First good target for me was a 1946 rabies tag..
dsc00223.jpg

We continued to hunt but wasn't finding any coins. It was super trashy so I put the Sunray x-5 on. We stayed in the back yard and continued to hunt. In a few minutes a got a good tone. At first I thought it was just a toy ring that was smashed... but after cleaning it, I realized it maybe something more.

dsc00224.jpg

After talking to the landowner I found out that his father's initials were RR. The home had been in his family for 3 generations, so we knew it had to have been his... I was excited that it was connected to the family.
Well started winding down the hunt, and needed to have something to quit on...lol
dsc00225.jpg

So after talking to Mike(landowner) we decided to come back and I would bring the AT Pro for him to use.. lol now he is hooked.. First time user ever and he found a 1939 mercury dime and a silver war nickel.. after presenting back the ring, I left him the detector to use for a week.. I'm sure ole Bart will be getting a call very soon...lol

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Video really liked it, that's cool that he found his first sliver first time out, CONGRATS :headbang:

M

MiniMe

Cool story and finds and another TH hooked - even better. HH!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! After last weeks uproar on our hobby, I really wanted the other side to see how important and useful a md'r can be. We aren't just a bunch of hole diggers for profit... I am hoping more voting non-detectorist's see our deeds and will voice their opinion if, and when lawmakers want to ban our hobby.

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gonehunting said:
Thanks everyone! After last weeks uproar on our hobby, I really wanted the other side to see how important and useful a md'r can be. We aren't just a bunch of hole diggers for profit... I am hoping more voting non-detectorist's see our deeds and will voice their opinion if, and when lawmakers want to ban our hobby.

This is exactly the kind of publicity i wish our hobby would get more of

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice job.:headbang:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks everyone..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread