iPhone post #5 from Cape Cod - tides and weather working against me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I've been out 3 more times since my last post, and do not have much to show for it. Some clad, a wheatie, and some pull tabs and can slaw are all I have to show for the past 5 or 6 hours in the water.

Funny what a difference a week can make. Last week was my best week ever here on the cape, with gold and/or silver every day, four days in a row, including a platinum wedding band. Then the weather changed and we've been having heavy on-shore winds every morning for the past 3 or 4 days. The tides have also shifted, so that they are quite high this week at the early morning hours I get out.

I'll keep trying, and may even move to some inland fresh water beaches if the waves don't calm down at the ocean beaches I like to hunt. I want to add at least one more ring to the 9 I found last week.

I'll post pictures of everything I've found over these two weeks when I get home this coming weekend. Even if I find nothing else this week, I've had a stellar vacation with a nice pile of gold, silver and platinum.

Oh, and if the weather permits, I've been given permission to detect an old summer camp here, so I rented an Explorer XS to see if I can find a silver coin or two.

Happy Hunting!

Jim

Upvote 0
Glad to see you having fun here on Cape Cod . Ive been living here for several years and have enjoyed mding here ,Lots of goodies in the ground and the water .

You have already come upon some great finds so far, and you still have a week to go, I hope the weather for you through the remainder of your vacation. I can't wait to see pictures of all your goodies. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back