What's new

iPhone Tale

dadoftwogirls

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
So yesterday I am working the beach where I live in Southwest Florida. I get a strange signal on my F70 that is showing a quarter and then something else. I start digging down about 8 to 10 inches and find the quarter. I sweep again and get a strong hit for what I think is junk. Having already started the hole I go ahead and dig around out pops a gold iPhone 5s all caked in dirt. I try to turn it on and nothing. I bag it and get it home and figure there is no way it will work as dirty as it was and the amount of rain we've had. I go about cleaning it, getting all the dirt out of the openings with compressed air and a vacuum. I plug it in and wallah... the charging signal comes on. After about 20 minutes of charging I turn it back on and the home screen pops up but it is locked. There is no way I can tell who's it is in this condition. As such, I hook it to my computer and do a factory restore (I am very versed with Apple products). I let it reboot and when it goes to restore the phone, the find my phone feature pops up and says the phone was lost and call a number listed. The phone is bricked. Long story short, in less than an hour I tracked down the young lady who lost it 12 weeks ago while on spring break from Michigan. I boxed it up this morning and it's on it's way home via UPS at my expense. She wanted to pay me a reward, but all I asked her to do was something kind for someone in the future. Needless to say the young lady is elated to be getting her phone back.
 

Attachments

  • image-2295327930.webp
    image-2295327930.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3650371107.webp
    image-3650371107.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-986089570.webp
    image-986089570.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
So yesterday I am working the beach where I live in Southwest Florida. I get a strange signal on my F70 that is showing a quarter and then something else. I start digging down about 8 to 10 inches and find the quarter. I sweep again and get a strong hit for what I think is junk. Having already started the hole I go ahead and dig around out pops a gold iPhone 5s all caked in dirt. I try to turn it on and nothing. I bag it and get it home and figure there is no way it will work as dirty as it was and the amount of rain we've had. I go about cleaning it, getting all the dirt out of the openings with compressed air and a vacuum. I plug it in and wallah... the charging signal comes on. After about 20 minutes of charging I turn it back on and the home screen pops up but it is locked. There is no way I can tell who's it is in this condition. As such, I hook it to my computer and do a factory restore (I am very versed with Apple products). I let it reboot and when it goes to restore the phone, the find my phone feature pops up and says the phone was lost and call a number listed. The phone is bricked. Long story short, in less than an hour I tracked down the young lady who lost it 12 weeks ago while on spring break from Michigan. I boxed it up this morning and it's on it's way home via UPS at my expense. She wanted to pay me a reward, but all I asked her to do was something kind for someone in the future. Needless to say the young lady is elated to be getting her phone back.

Nice!!!!
 
One heck of a good story, well done on a potential life changing experience for another human. If I could like posts on this phone you would get one.
 
Great story. Good pix. Nice Sherlock Holmes "who-dunnit" mystery solved. Thanx for the great read and good hobby image inducer :)
 
Great story and return.W.T.G.,Thanks for doing such a good deed.I'm glad that she appreciated it.:hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom