What's new

Iron items. Can you help ID any?

HuntingRelics

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
108
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These items were found within Civil War relics, however I've also found early 1900's farm items in the area. The horseshoe is much smaller than most I have found.
IMG_1696.webp
 
not sure what to call any of it! but that isn't a horseshoe
 
Upvote 0
This might help some:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.20.00 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.20.00 PM.webp
    176.9 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
creskol yoda man!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Your "horse shoe" is a Mule Shoe.,
 
Upvote 0
Top left looks like a trigger guard to me, does it have any holes in it for screws?
 
Upvote 0
The horseshoe thing looks some kinda hinge device?
 
Upvote 0
I'll have to clean some of the rust off to see if it's a trigger guard. Thanks for the insight everyone.
 
Upvote 0
Your piece with the ring in the bottom right is half of a Bit.

and I still feel that the shoe is from a Mule.
Second row from the bottom, first on the left
A bit more cleaning my show the nail holes.
 

Attachments

  • bits.webp
    bits.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Mule Shoe.webp
    Mule Shoe.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
The toggle chain might be the end for a cow chain They would place the end through a hole in the stall while they milked the cow . The u shaped item looks like some type of clevis to me but I am not positive
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom