What's new

Iron mechanical implement

Knut dirtfisk

Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
129
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
california
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Proportional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious as to the function of this implement. Found on a 19th century apple orchard. Looking for definitive input not guesses. IMG_2568.webp
 
Knut, Surely you realize that many,many items that are eventually identified on this site are made after several ideas (guesses) are provided. These "guesses" provide those willing to research the answer something to start with. Hopefully your item will be positively identified for you quickly!
 
Upvote 0
It's the front axle bolster for an old wagon /cart. This one would be for a medium to larger one used on portable engines steam/ hit&miss. threshers, balers etc.
 
Upvote 0
Looking for definitive input not guesses.

If you are going to make demands when asking for free advice, please follow the rules:

whatisit rules.webp
 
Upvote 0
Your pants are too long. Definitely.
 
Upvote 0
I like Tony in SC's answer.

Plate for a bolster with clamps for a leaf spring. Similar to the one below. I guess.

4564af67f3582152100017f0f5a7de11.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Thanks I knew someone would know right off the bat. By the way I wasn't demanding anything nor was I looking for any "free" advice or any advice at all, I sure got some though.I just don't need to have any funny guys telling me it's Fred flintstones trailer winch or that my pants are too long. Jeez. I'll be sure to follow the rules next time.
 
Upvote 0
Haha! My belt had actually just broke.
 
Upvote 0
Cool find! Was it near a trail?
 
Upvote 0
Dude is worse than my wife.
 
Upvote 0
Below my old cabin which is an old packing shed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom