What's new

Iron Object

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this iron object near a 1878 house.

I have no clue what it is?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 263
Is the bit in the 'yellow' a crack in the iron, or a seam in folded metal?
alamotx.iron.webp
Mike :glasses11:
 
Upvote 0
Part of a cast iron rim lock.
 

Attachments

  • iron plain rim lock.webp
    iron plain rim lock.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Part of a cast iron rim lock.

Yep, I agree. Its the part that mounted on the door casing. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
DOOR CASING! I couldn't think of that name to save my life. :coffee:

Thanks! :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom