DSCF0009.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 924
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 925
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 894
Still skeptical. Wood is cheap and light, metal scarce and costly. If you only need the tip to be metal why make the whole tool of it? The pouty idea would justify the whole tool being fireproof.

If you're making a cannon tool you make the tip wood, as all the images have been, so it also doesn't abrade the muzzle or, worse, make a spark.

The dynamite/blasting tool is an interesting possibility. The curl clears the center fuse and still allows a good push, or a grab and pull if it's a dud (now there's a job I wouldn't volunteer for . . . maybe they just pack another charge o top?)

Upvote 0
See I am a girl so I am taking my answer back.....its a pouty for glassblowing.....because the more I researched the gun tool idea...only the tip was made of iron...the rest wood....
Now thats my final answer....but ....I reserve the right to change my mind should need be ! :D :D :D :D

Upvote 0
could be any of these ideas. im looking for positive identification. as i see it . this appears to be a sword modified. to a tool. spoon could also melt lead. the knife edge has several areas of damage that would be consistant with the cutting motion of another sword. striking it. seeing how iron was hard to come by reusing a broken weapon would be correct . an iron mine was not far away so blasting is possible so is glass blowing. the first pane of glass made in america was made at the glassworks i speak of. these three theorys i thought of myself. as for all of your theorys to be the same is good. as some of you know im currantly trying to open a cache here. a sword /canon tool is what i hope it is. but im trying to keep an open mind on this piece. wish me luck kidd

Upvote 0
gremlin401x said:
could be any of these ideas. im looking for positive identification. as i see it . this appears to be a sword modified. to a tool. spoon could also melt lead. the knife edge has several areas of damage that would be consistant with the cutting motion of another sword. striking it. seeing how iron was hard to come by reusing a broken weapon would be correct . an iron mine was not far away so blasting is possible so is glass blowing. the first pane of glass made in america was made at the glassworks i speak of. these three theorys i thought of myself. as for all of your theorys to be the same is good. as some of you know im currantly trying to open a cache here. a sword /canon tool is what i hope it is. but im trying to keep an open mind on this piece. wish me luck kidd

Why did you change your name?

Upvote 0
gypsyheart said:
gremlin401x said:

Why did you change your name? ???

Tax time.

Now that's funny I don't care what your name is.

LOL :D

Burt

Upvote 0
How about something to hold a candle when lighting gas street lamps from the old times?

Burt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back