ironic in arizona

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
well it wasnt quite that hot today in the am so i figured i would hit a small secluded park i found on the edge of town . i scouted the location started swinging and in 3 hours all i got was reg clad, the reg trash , and a hot wheels. i went back to the car and on the way home i stopped for a coke at the 7-11 down from my house. i was drinking that cold coke and looked at my change the clerk gave me, and i just laughed as i seen the 1944 merc stairing back at me. i was just thinking as i noticed that silver dime, my luck on that field has to change.

MATT

Upvote 0
Hey Matt, Good to see the post. Somedays are like that.....when it seems it would be better to stay home and search
bags of coins......and that's not half bad, either. Keep swinging, keep researching.....there is more still out there then
has been found. And look for the opportunities.....read your local newspapers, looking for places the city is tearing up
sidewalks, or old homes are being destroyed to make way for progress. You'll find your quota. :thumbsup:

Same sorta thing happened to me about two months ago. Only found clad at the park, so stopped for a fountain drink, which I never do, and in the change was a 1943P War Nickel. I still haven't found one detecting.

That's a great find. I had no idea there were any 7-11's left. congrats. nice job on the merc too.

find a park near down town phoenix,lots of old houses buildings, there used to be a county poor house and a childrens home 4 miles of city hall,also old adobe houses that segraded,too bad you can't detect Winnie Ruth judds house on 2906 n 2 street or 514 w lychwood, maybe you would find a murder weapon. :laughing7:

:icon_thumright:see thats why I stop every ride home for my cold soda ,my day is coming ,congrats on yours

One day I got a 1944 quarter and a 1944 Merc in change but it was at two separate places! My birth year is 1944! I also have noticed that on the forums I have seen more 1944 silver coins than just about any other year. Makes me think I'm special! ;D Congrats on the neat find. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back