Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's a damn shame you don't have to take a test to become President. But anyway.. I do agree with your comments about acts of kindness. The local car club I belong to just had a canned food drive as well as a benefit car show for a man who is facing some heavy duty medical bills. All the members of the club also donated items for a live auction they had after the car show. It was a terrible day for a car show with temps around 45 for the high that day but we all showed up and did our part. I also have NO problem at all with folks who genuinely need help. In fact it pisses me off to see homeless people and hungry children when we give so much to foreign countries. Buttt... I also know personally of many many people who are perfectly healthy, able to work, and just simply choose not to. If you don't think that's a real big problem in this country you're not paying attention.

I don't doubt that welfare fraud exists. Of course it does. To cheat is human nature. Why would the poor be exempt from a condition that runs through the rest of society?

The truth is, from a financial POV, whatever fraud there is doesn't affect me. Or you. Even if this country completely eliminated welfare fraud our tax rates would not decrease. And while the hate message from the Hill diverts our attention shining the light on those who waste hundreds, they waste billions helping their friends by building Bridges to Nowhere and anything else they can dream up to spend other people's money on.

You want to get mad about something? Get mad about that!

Glad to see you are getting out there and helping. More people should do the same.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I don't doubt that welfare fraud exists. Of course it does. To cheat is human nature. Why would the poor be exempt from a condition that runs through the rest of society?

The truth is, from a financial POV, whatever fraud there is doesn't affect me. Or you. Even if this country completely eliminated welfare fraud our tax rates would not decrease. And while the hate message from the Hill diverts our attention shining the light on those who waste hundreds, they waste billions helping their friends by building Bridges to Nowhere and anything else they can dream up to spend other people's money on.

You want to get mad about something? Get mad about that!

Glad to see you are getting out there and helping. More people should do the same.
I agree completely about government waste being a huge problem. I'm just not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a Republican problem. They ALL do it and have always ALL done it. And contrary to what your buddies on here assume when they lump all "right wingers" into one neat little box I am of the opinion that we need to fire the whole lot of them on both sides of the aisle and replace them with people who have no hidden agenda and owe no favors to anyone. The issues you & I don't see eye to eye on is that I see the current President as the worlds greatest con man who has NO respect for the American people, no respect for the Constitution that my ancestors fought and died for and who is treating his job as one big party. Without sounding like a racist I think that everytime he and Moochelle step into the White house the Army band should play the theme song to the Jeffersons... She openly despises White people and the military and all he wants to do is play golf. And of course you and I will probably never see eye to eye on gun control. That pesky Constitution thing again..

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
]
[/SIZE]

What is funny is watching the ship sink and the rats scurrying to get off the ship and cover their butts at the same time.......

You ever see what the N.Y. sub way rats do when the food supply runs dry?
They start eating each other! Wait till 2014 elections, it should be some show!

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you or others could try doing this in your area. You commit a single act of human kindness and maybe gain some knowledge. That's a win win!

I bet a lot of people do ,they just don't need to grand stand about it,or throw bouquets at them selves.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
NHBandit:

You wrote: "She openly despises White people and the military and all he wants to do is play golf."

Despises "White" people? Based on what? A video that never surfaced?

Take a hard look at what Mrs. Obama has done for military families.

You bring up the golf nonsense. Mr. Obama is hardly the first President to play golf. Funny how there were no complaints when it was George Bush or Dwight Eisenhower...

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
NHBandit:

You wrote: "She openly despises White people and the military and all he wants to do is play golf."

Despises "White" people? Based on what? A video that never surfaced?

Take a hard look at what Mrs. Obama has done for military families.

You bring up the golf nonsense. Mr. Obama is hardly the first President to play golf. Funny how there were no complaints when it was George Bush or Dwight Eisenhower...

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
LoL... If nothing else, at least you're predictable.. Thanks for playing.

Attachments

• headinsand.png
    headinsand.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 67

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I certainly remember Glumm Bleek whining that Mrs. Obama didn't go for white kkkulture.

Michelle Obama / Help our military families support themselves
June 27, 2012

Read more: Michelle Obama / Help our military families support themselves - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

WASHINGTON, April 12, 2011 -- President Barack Obama today made caring for military families a national priority, calling to action his entire administration and communities across the United States on their behalf.

"The strength and the readiness of America's military depend on the strength and readiness of our military families," the president said. "This is a matter of national security. It's not just the right thing to do. It also makes this country strong."

Obama made the remarks at the White House accompanied by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Navy Adm. Mike Mullen and other senior officials as he announced a national initiative aimed at increasing support for the families of American servicemembers.

The initiative will focus on employment, education and wellness, and aims to raise awareness about the sacrifices and needs of military families. First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, will this week, launch a national tour as part of the initiative.

Military family support a 'national priority,' Obama says | Article | The United States Army

Joining Forces | The White House

Just as President Obama's approval ratings have begun to turn around, the first lady is reportedly receiving some new support of her own -- among military veterans.

Alongside vice president Joe Biden's wife, Jill Biden, Michelle Obama has organized and attended more events for and with military veterans and their families than any previous first lady, according to veterans groups.
"Certainly other first ladies and presidents have taken an interest, but to make supporting military families [a priority], and not just to make it one of the things you do, this is a game-changer," Joyce Raezer, executive director of the National Military Family Association, told U.S. News & World Report.

In addition to the 50 events Obama is said to have participated in this year alone, she and Biden are also leading the charge to encourage businesses to hire veterans through an initiative called Joining Forces, which she announced earlier this year, encouraging the rest of the country to get in on the act. This year's White House Christmas tree was even dedicated to supporting veterans.

Michelle Obama Praised For Support Of Military Families

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not spinning anything. I am rendering an expert opinion. You, OTOH, are here claiming that Obama lied about everyone getting to keep their health insurance without either knowing or wanting to know why these plans are being cancelled. Simply put - you don't care why they are being cancelled. The reason doesn't matter. You care only that here is another issue you can use against a President you don't like.

As for you personally, of course your rates would go up. Your employer subsidizes you medical plan now. Even without Obamacare your health plan costs would sky rocket! The difference under Obamacare? You are actually getting a plan that will help you should the time come.

As for people being happy with their plans? LOL!!!! yeah and everybody who ever bought a car got the best deal!!!! Just ask them and they will tell you! C'mon TH, we know better. These people who are happy - I don't doubt that they are happy. They don't know what they own. I think i mentioned that recently my team lost a moderate sized IRA rollover to a competitor. We proposed charging a one time up front fee of $7500. The competition went with nothing up front and 3 hidden fees totalling $15,000 a year! Over the next ten years this woman will pay our competition $150,000 versus the $7,500 she would have paid us. But ask her - she will tell you she is happy. AS the saying goes there's no fixing stupid.

As for anybody can get an health insurance license, that's true. Yet one needs a clean criminal background, clean credit history, need to be sponsored by a licensed company and you do have to pass that test. Which though it isn't all that hard relatively speaking only 7 in 10 pass.

And while anyone can take the test and get a health insurance license, on this board, apparently, i'm the only one who has.

BTW, Series 7 test, much harder - 7 in 10 fail. In case it ever comes up.

More spin.... Fact is he lied and continues to lie.....

Put thread back on topic. Topuc is IRS and tax exempt groups.

Any post off topic will be deleted.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread