What's new

Is it a meteorite?

martinsbg

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 4, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Clone PI-W
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone!
Some time ago I came across this rock that attracts a magnet and the metal detector detects it as iron. The density I measured is 3.72 g/mL.
Could you please give me your opinion, is it possible that this is a meteorite?
Greetings!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20241004_151241.webp
    IMG_20241004_151241.webp
    905 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20241004_151307.webp
    IMG_20241004_151307.webp
    811.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20241004_151346.webp
    IMG_20241004_151346.webp
    628.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20241004_151355.webp
    IMG_20241004_151355.webp
    905.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20241004_151408.webp
    IMG_20241004_151408.webp
    647.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20241004_151428.webp
    IMG_20241004_151428.webp
    425 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to Tnet.

I'm afraid I see nothing there which suggests a meteoritic origin. It might be slag or any one of a number of materials.
 
Thank you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom