creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Dec 30, 2010 #1 If so, what type of sword would it have gone to? Thanks for your thoughts! Attachments sword.webp 78 KB · Views: 341
Ifoundit69 Saving the past one find at a time ! Joined Dec 5, 2007 Messages 1,263 Reaction score 685 Golden Thread 0 Location Lancaster ,VA 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 31, 2010 #2 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Looks a sword handle to me , id clean it up a bit .... cant hurt it ... Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Looks a sword handle to me , id clean it up a bit .... cant hurt it ...
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 Dec 31, 2010 #3 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? does the end look pounded it almost looks like a tent stake Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? does the end look pounded it almost looks like a tent stake
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Dec 31, 2010 Thread Owner #4 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? traderoftreasures said: does the end look pounded it almost looks like a tent stake Click to expand... No, the end looks to be intentional. Here is a diagram of what all I have been able to determine so far. Attachments sword2.webp 97.3 KB · Views: 263 Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? traderoftreasures said: does the end look pounded it almost looks like a tent stake Click to expand... No, the end looks to be intentional. Here is a diagram of what all I have been able to determine so far.
trixie charger Sr. Member Joined Aug 31, 2010 Messages 375 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location N.C. Dec 31, 2010 #5 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Def a sword handle Idk what kind Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Def a sword handle Idk what kind
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 31, 2010 #6 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Sorry, but this is no sword pommel. Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? Sorry, but this is no sword pommel.
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Dec 31, 2010 Thread Owner #7 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? BuckleBoy said: Sorry, but this is no sword pommel. Click to expand... Well that settles that .. Any speculation as to what it might be? Thanks! Upvote 0
Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? BuckleBoy said: Sorry, but this is no sword pommel. Click to expand... Well that settles that .. Any speculation as to what it might be? Thanks!
H Hugh Pharted Tenderfoot Joined Jan 3, 2008 Messages 4 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location The Center of the Universe Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 250 Dec 31, 2010 #8 Re: My son and I went out today and he dug this piece. Is it a sword handle? a thingmabob? Upvote 0
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Dec 31, 2010 Thread Owner #9 After further adoodoo and closer scrutny I have come to the conclusion ... .. that this piece is probably a candlestick similar to this reconstruction Attachments sword4.webp 24.6 KB · Views: 196 Upvote 0
After further adoodoo and closer scrutny I have come to the conclusion ... .. that this piece is probably a candlestick similar to this reconstruction