is it ok to medal detect grave yards

I wouldnt even pick up an exposed coin off the ground in a cemetery, a complete taboo. Bad Ju-Ju.

gringoo said:
can you get in trouble digging in the grave yard?

i mean i wouldnt dig down six feet

Good for you! :icon_sunny:

Seriously, it's been gone over before, follow Felinepeachy's link.

Thanks for asking!

Only if you get written permission from the residents.

It isn't necessarily taboo. After all didn't they dig in King Tut's tomb? As for myself, if I'm prospecting out in the middle of Timbuktu, and stumble upon an old mining camp or settlement, and I find a grave, you're damn straight I'm gonna check it out. I know one such place I'm dying to check out should I get the time. Near me is a glacier, and granted I'm sure there isn't a grave, but an old ex-Marine died there about four years ago. My father and the guy's other friends got the bounty of ammo and other goodies. But he was living right near a well-known gold mining area. And stories are common in Alaska about old folks burying gold in jars somewhere before they die.
Maybe I'm insensitive in my opinion though.

snowdog20 said:
It isn't necessarily taboo. After all didn't they dig in King Tut's tomb? As for myself, if I'm prospecting out in the middle of Timbuktu, and stumble upon an old mining camp or settlement, and I find a grave, you're damn straight I'm gonna check it out. I know one such place I'm dying to check out should I get the time. Near me is a glacier, and granted I'm sure there isn't a grave, but an old ex-Marine died there about four years ago. My father and the guy's other friends got the bounty of ammo and other goodies. But he was living right near a well-known gold mining area. And stories are common in Alaska about old folks burying gold in jars somewhere before they die.
Maybe I'm insensitive in my opinion though.
thanks

gringo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back