Is it safe to try to open and clean my Pro-Find?

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scratching my head here.... Are you asking if you should VOID the warranty and attempt to repair it yourself, that you are not sure you can do. In such voiding the warranty?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would certianly put an end to your warranty to open it up. If its still under warranty, I'd suggest sending it in for repairs.

Hello all,

So I've done a number on this thing detecting in the mud. The speaker is clogged, and it just doesn't seem to work as well. There is now a delay before it will start beeping close to metal. Is there any way I can fix it, or should I try to get the warranty?

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses. Basically I was wondering if I can open it up and clean it without too much trouble, or without voiding the warranty. I guess I should just send it in, though I didn't even know I could buy a protector for it (Minelab Pro-Find that is.).

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just took a look at the protectors, they actually won't help me because the mud and moisture got in through the speaker... is there anything I can buy to prevent this or do I just have to be more careful?? I get really filthy when its wet out, I just smear mud all over my clothing and all my gear without thinking twice about it.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
return that poop pointer to Garrett . when you get it back sell it for 100 $ asap .... then get the new Whites TRX pinpointer..

its has more power .. 12 kHz operating frequency, doesn't interfere with any other metal detector
Audio and/or Vibrate Alert
Automatic Ground Balance with Tracking
Automatic Power Off
Dual Battery Operation (2-AA or 1-9V)
Full Two-year Warranty
Holster (up to 3” belt)
Lanyard Attachment Loop on TRX and Holster
LED Light
Lost Pinpointer Alarm
Overload Indicator
Replaceable Shell
Rugged, Weatherproof Design
Ruler, with Inch Markings
Simple, One-Button Operation
Target Ratcheting
its a 159$ wish this thing was out before we got the poop pointer ..I sick of putting a coin next to my poop pointer to make it go deeper and im sick of covering it with tape ..the whites has a Replaceable Shell..so if you were it out your good to go

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just emailed Minelab about my new Koss headphones crapping out after six weeks. I bought it late last year with a detector. No questions asked and they sent me a new set in about a week. I would try the warranty process first, even if you have to pay a little on the shipping before I took it apart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread