What's new

Is Kellyco a reputable company to order from?

C-Weed

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark, White's DFX-300
From everyones feedback on the detectors that I have asked about, I am going to pull the trigger and buy the White's DFX 300 and the Detector Pro Pistol Probe.

After comparing prices, it seems that ordering from Kellyco is the cheapest and you get alot of free gear along with the purchase (you have to pay shipping).

Is Kellyco reliable and easy to deal with? Is the customer service acceptable? I would like to hear any experience anyone might have had with Kellyco before I place the order.

Thanks, CW
 
Kellyco prices are not really lower than they make you believe as they can not sell below the manufactures set price. What they offer is a bunch of stuff that they have inflated the list price that you could buy lots cheaper, but it is free. Many people will say the stuff is junk. However if you don't have it, it isn't all that bad. Kellyco makes you think they are including the free stuff themselves when most of it is supplied by the manufactures and you can get the same stuff free from other dealers. This is deceptive advertising in my book and makes me wonder if it is really a deal.

They do have good service just like the smaller dealers that sell by mail order too. If you are lucky to have one operating near you that is the place to go as you can look the dealer in the eye and more importantly try out the different detectors and carry it home instead of having UPS toss the box around.

You should really check other dealers located on the manufactures website and see what they offer, many times you get free shipping.
 
I would buy from Kellyco again. I have only dealt with them one time, but it was a good experience.
Yes, the free stuff is lower in quality, but most free stuff generally is. Like the digging spade--more suitable to light garden work than hard, dry soil.
 
I have bought a detector with their add on bonus freebies and a few other items. I would buy from them again. I know that everyone is looking for a bargain, but that's up to how much time you have and how far you are willing to travel to buy.
 
I have bought several detectors from Kellyco and have never been dissappointed. None have ever arrived damaged because UPS was throwing them around. I don't believe Kellyco packs them. Besides, the local dealer probably gets his detectors through UPS also. I would probably buy from a local dealer if they had what I wanted, in stock. Who cares about the free stuff. I want the detector, I want.
 
I went to my local HobbyTown USA and they said they are dying for the business and that I could get a new DFX-300 for $ 900.00


I think I will go there and get it. If something goes bad, do I deal with Whites or HobbyTown?

Thanks, CW
 
Kellyco is a sponsor of treasurenet.com That means a lot to me.

I just purchased a White's DFX300 from Kellyco, and couldn't be happier.

Recommended. :thumbsup:
 
Yep!!!!!!

I bought mine from them and it was FREE shipping.

Great company :thumbsup:


Cachefinder-
 
I have only purchased one detector from them but everything went nice and smooth. I would definately do business with them again. I met Kellycochick (Karen) in the chat room here on T Net, called her the next day and placed my order with her. It was simple and very professional. I recieved my ACE 250 in a few days and haven't had a single problem. Here is her link on T Net

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=profile;u=30020
 
Well, I bought the detector this afternoon from my local Hobby Store. I paid $ 925.00 for a new White's DFX-300. I think that was the best price I was able to get.

Can't wait for it to arrive this weekend!

Thanks, Chris
 
Sandman said:
Kellyco prices are not really lower than they make you believe as they can not sell below the manufactures set price. What they offer is a bunch of stuff that they have inflated the list price that you could buy lots cheaper, but it is free. Many people will say the stuff is junk. However if you don't have it, it isn't all that bad. Kellyco makes you think they are including the free stuff themselves when most of it is supplied by the manufactures and you can get the same stuff free from other dealers. This is deceptive advertising in my book and makes me wonder if it is really a deal.

They do have good service just like the smaller dealers that sell by mail order too. If you are lucky to have one operating near you that is the place to go as you can look the dealer in the eye and more importantly try out the different detectors and carry it home instead of having UPS toss the box around.

You should really check other dealers located on the manufactures website and see what they offer, many times you get free shipping.

Wow Sandman. I can only assume you have personally dealt with us and had a really bad experience? The OP was asking for people who had experience dealing with us and since you replied I can only assume you have, and from the tone you took ("deceptive advertising," strong urging to shop elsewhere) I can only deduce that it was awful. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help change the opinion you have of us, please do not hesitate to ask! I promise that I will do everything in my power to reverse ANY negative experience you have had with us.

Of course we abide by the manufacturers adjusted price (MAP) - because we respect all manufacturers, have long standing relationships with them and consider them our friends. Many manufacturer's DO include special bonus items, but we include EVEN MORE - and we're honest about who puts in which accessories. For example: Minelab's Safari comes with many accessories from the manufacturer which we have listed under a headline titled "Factory Included Accessories" and then we have a separate headline for "Kellyco Free Accessories" - No deception there. See for yourself! http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/safari_buy.htm

Now, to the OP, I realize that you have already purchased your detector and I hope that you have a great time with it! If you are ever in need of anything that your local dealer can't get - Kellyco will be here for you. We are well-known, one of the oldest dealers in the metal detecting industry, we sponsor almost every metal detecting forum on the internet as well as most group hunts, and I am ALWAYS available on Treasurenet if you have any questions! I look forward to hearing about what you find with your DFX-300! It's truly a GREAT machine, and if you ever are inclined to venture into "EXcelerator Coils" just give me a PM and I'll take care of you. There are no MAP policies for products that are exclusively ours. :wink:
 
Nice post KellycoChick! I have PMed you for more info re: EXcelerator Coils.

:thumbsup:
 
I have bought two detectors and accessories from KellyCo. They are a good company. Their website can be confusing and the so called freebie stuff really is low end almost junk, all that stuff I received free is still in the new packaging. Do not get confused by the freebie stuff but it is good starter equipment. I do believe KellyCo will help you and provide great service and not leave you hanging. I agree with Sandman and his opinion somewhat. However, if you are lucky to have an established local dealer selling at competitive rates, I would go there and buy as I am a bit old fashioned and like the personal service. This could help you gain leads to sites, a detecting buddy, actually getting to try a new detector you are interested in free of charge before investing big $$$. KellyCo is a great internet site for purchasing, I would rather deal locally but do not have that luxury so it is KellyCo for me. HH and good luck with you decision, Mike
 
Thanks for all the love guys!!! I love my job and it's nice to see when it makes a difference! I'm just a technology geek who loves my industry and wants to make things as awesome as possible! PM me if you need me! :icon_queen:
 
Hi KellycoChick,
Boy, you sure know how to make a guy feel bad.... 8)

I am in the market for a good set of headphones and a DetectorPro Pistol Probe. I would like to talk to you about these two items when you have a second.

PM me when you have the time to discuss.

Thanks, CW
 
What kind of stuff do you think my dealer will be getting from White's? I want to make sure I get all of the merchandise that White's is sending my dealer.

Thanks
 
C-Weed said:
Hi KellycoChick,
Boy, you sure know how to make a guy feel bad.... 8)

I am in the market for a good set of headphones and a DetectorPro Pistol Probe. I would like to talk to you about these two items when you have a second.

PM me when you have the time to discuss.

Thanks, CW

Awww!! I totally didn't mean to make anyone feel bad!!! I PM'd you while you were PM'in me, lol!!! ;D
 
I have bought several detectors from Kellyco and got great service. Had small problem with battery door on Goldbug 2 and they sent new one right away. Got all of the free stuff several times and have upgraded to better equipment over time. Free stuff wound up to other people that didn't have what I had. It all worked out
 
From my experience, they do stand behind what they sell but be sure to read the fine print on their website. I had purchased two detectors in December, and opted to drive the 3 hours to pick it up instead of have UPS jostle it around. When I arrived in the showroom, I was told that I wouldn't be getting the freebies as I had purchased a special promotion on one of the detectors. Navigating the website, they showed the fine print on the site that said so. I proceeded to demonstrate a second way to navigate the page to their sales manager in which case the freebies would be included. I ended up having to settle for half the free stuff. Two weeks later, the detector didn't work. Drove again and they did replace it. Two weeks later, I bought a Garrett pro pointer. I just received my return shipping label from UPS as the pro pointer has quit working. In addition, their Gator digger that includes a lifetime warranty is shaped like a "C" from bending. They are replacing that also, but you would assume that a digger with a lifetime warranty would hold up better after digging in the sandy soil of Florida.
 
I have a different opinion.
The Question was asked by the poster and
was answered with Sandmans opinion.
It is your job (kellycochick) to say and do
what it takes to make people happy with your company.
There is nothing wrong with that and you do your job
very good
Sandman is a well respected member here at tnet
and is always the first guy to help someone out and
does not get paid for it..
He is invaluable to this site and would be sadden to see him go.
No offense to anyone
HH
Bill.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom