Is map dowsing a hoax?

Quickpan Dan

Feb 2, 2013
Tons of research and not one piece of scientific evidence . And as with most things studied by SCIENCE the LACK of any sort of evidence pretty much says it all. First off, how anyone can claim to dowse maps is completely ridiculous. That would fall under psychic prediction and in all actuality it is merely guessing. People who use sticks or rods to "detect" buried "things" are delusional at best. Just throw a dart at a map I bet you'll find some minerals or water . No sticks required. Go figure. Ill bet anyone out there who dowses five grand they can't find anything better than me on any excursion, anywhere. It just angers me that people still believe in this antiquated witchery

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I meant to say "pseudo-skeptics". And I should not have generalized to say "EVERYTHING". A couple posts some people actually tried to see both sides.

I'm thinking there should be some kind of disclaimer here. Something like:Master dowsers have said that only one in ten thousand map dowsing spots are anything other than mineral pockets. And they say there are only a handful of real dowsers in the entire nation. Some people have posted photos where they planted a target and the dowsers on this forum were not able to find it. When people map dowse for free they have no responsibility for what happens and how much time and money are are going to waste or the disheartenment you will experience." I'm no lawyer and I am sure there are MANY other waivers of liability that should be added. Probably take a thousand pages.

Last edited:

ShadowLine

Jan 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a quick look at the photo that was dowsed for me, and my results so far. Again, I haven't done a lot of searching in this location yet, but so far I have to say it's been positive for me.

So everyone is clear, I searched the two "circles" inside the grey areas, AND I searched the entire grey area as well. I have not had any hits on the MD anywhere in the grey, but did find 4 items inside the circle on the west side, and 2 items inside the circle to the east side of the grey area.

Dowse2-ShadowLine.JPG

For what its worth, please don't take the grey shading as anything but an approximate estimation of the area...it could be off by a few feet in any direction. With this said, I am confident in the searching done inside the circles as I have very good landmarks to determine exactly where I started using the metal detector on both trips. (I simply didn't worry so much about exactly where I was when I wasn't finding stuff.)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Okiedowser~
Here another thing why a lot of things are not found, a circle are a dot can be a hundred yards off,at 3,000 feet on a aerial map,just because a dowser said it there don't mean it not.i only found one way that i can get within 15 feet,on a spot,and that take a lot of paper and ink,not done on a computer screen. so walk a mile in a dowser shoe's before you judge him.....so when you post a picture to be dowsed,when they mark it,run the spot down a 1,000 feet and see if they still have it,and if they do ,run down more,tell you allmost lose the picture, your recover will be a lot better.
You are correct....When I dowse a map it is just a reference for the treasure hunter...It will get them in the area...I see no reason to go to an area if nothing is there...I look at 300 feet as my error factor...When I use GPS readings there can be a big error in those....I now do my maps on the computer as to tell the truth...My ink bill was just costing me to much..I have receive money from a few people but that was because they wanted to do that...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The warning should go on to say that there are many people in the treasure hunting business with sophisticated software tools that sometimes allow them within minutes to find out detailed info on the whereabouts of any photo posted. There is always the possibility that they might hack into your computer. Also the saying "anything you read on the internet is true" is for fools. Anyone can claim they found some treasure.Some do it for fame, others for spite. Or there is the possibility of luring unsuspecting people to divulge their treasure locations.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Signal line~
I'm thinking there should be some kind of disclaimer here. Something like:Master dowsers have said that only one in ten thousand map dowsing spots are anything other than mineral pockets. And they say there are only a handful of real dowsers in the entire nation. Some people have posted photos where they planted a target and the dowsers on this forum were not able to find it. When people map dowse for free they have no responsibility for what happens and how much time and money are are going to waste or the disheartenment you will experience." I'm no lawyer and I am sure there are MANY other waivers of liability that should be added. Probably take a thousand pages.
This explains our hobby...It is not very hard to understand... Treasure Hunting... The Hobby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax
A hoax is a deliberately fabricated falsehood made to masquerade as truth.[SUP][1][/SUP] It is distinguishable from errors in observation or judgment,[SUP][1][/SUP] or rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes
~Quickpan Dan~
Luck plain and simple. The James Randi foundation www.randi.gov will pay you a million dollars to prove that dowsing works. Good luck
Yes there is the JOKE...Art

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a quick look at the photo that was dowsed for me, and my results so far. Again, I haven't done a lot of searching in this location yet, but so far I have to say it's been positive for me.

So everyone is clear, I searched the two "circles" inside the grey areas, AND I searched the entire grey area as well. I have not had any hits on the MD anywhere in the grey, but did find 4 items inside the circle on the west side, and 2 items inside the circle to the east side of the grey area.

View attachment 743428

For what its worth, please don't take the grey shading as anything but an approximate estimation of the area...it could be off by a few feet in any direction. With this said, I am confident in the searching done inside the circles as I have very good landmarks to determine exactly where I started using the metal detector on both trips. (I simply didn't worry so much about exactly where I was when I wasn't finding stuff.)

What were the items that you found? Junk or valuable?

ShadowLine

Jan 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing valuable at this point. a pretty cool old bottle cap at the first site, and what looks to be would be the best find. The second site it was a can and a quarter (1988!)

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the way i see it if ya dont believe in something why state crap just stay off the dowsing page and keep your 2 cents to yourself instead of trying to piss people off and quit being a drama queen no one likes a drama queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Anyone who comes to this board will get help...I will assume that we have been attracting to many treasure hunters...We will always have the skeptics who will try to stop the free flow of information.You said you were thinking about buying a GPS...I had to purchase a new one a few years ago. The technology had progressed so much that I was having trouble using it..So I downloaded the full manual from the internet...I spent the whole winter chasing Geocaches..I learned a lot...Art
..Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more people try to marginalize what I am saying, the more suspicious you should be. Just think for a minute who is looking out for you. In my 16+ years on this forum one thing I can tell you is the skeptics will stop at nothing. And another one is you don't know who you are dealing with or where their location is. It is very easy to software to remotely control a computer from anywhere in the world.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The more people try to marginalize what I am saying, the more suspicious you should be. Just think for a minute who is looking out for you. In my 16+ years on this forum one thing I can tell you is the skeptics will stop at nothing. And another one is you don't know who you are dealing with or where their location is. It is very easy to software to remotely control a computer from anywhere in the world.
Gee...Is that not what can happen to anyone who wants to use the internet?...I have my own way that I hope is safe to protect the maps I do..No it is not perfect but I don’t claim to be perfect...Please tell us what we should do?...Art

S

stefen

It appears "Is Map Dowsing A Hoax?" is a question with two (2) distinct positions, either you are a beleiver and support map dowsing or you are of the opinion its a hoax.

As it happens, the Dowsing Forum is open to the entire Treasure Net community, regardless of their respective beleif systems.

Because a individual feels map dowsing is bulldust, is not an open invitation, for others to take aggressive stances and come off sounding like a junkyard dog.

Personal verbal attacks and rhetoric are the lowest form of arguements...it begins to revert to 1st grader-playground-bullying-tactics...:icon_scratch:

Whats the chance of seeing some reasonable dialog happening without getting wound too tight? :icon_thumleft:

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it might be an open forum but people need to have respect for others thats whats wrong with this world

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have to ask all skeptics. I can have someone hide something from me miles away. It can be a family member or a friend. I can map dowse by tracking them and locating the object they hid. Now thats not map dowsing, but rather mental telepathy? Holy ****.. I can make all sorts of money doing this if I am actually reading this persons mind. Heck with treasure hunting I can just get into there minds, get there bank accounts, routing numbers and take there money that way..... NO... it is not mental telepathy. To get my most accurate results as I have been told by a very good dowser, you use original maps. Not google earth. Narrow it down with google then go to a paper map. If you are tracking do not even use google earth. Use a road map, blm map or such... As soon as I find my next target I will post my results for all to see. "Oh ye of little faith".......

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a site that I will be digging soon. I originally found out about it over 20 years ago because two different dowsers photo dowsed two seperate identical photos and marked gold and diamonds in the same locations. Through research I discovered there was a story of these treasures being buried in the area. I have been off on a lot of different tangents over the years and never dig a serious dig attempt. Since joining T-Net in March I have come in contact with many serious treasure hunters. I have also worked with some dowsers on here. They have marked gold in the same area. I took some guys to the site that had some hybrid LRL style devices that also pointed at the same spot. They also had conventional detectors that read for gold in the same location that the dowsers had marked. I have permission to dig and when the time is right I will.

I am talking to some people with a production company about doing a treasure-hunting show. I would like to make this site one of the episodes. It has all of the right ingredients. I could really care less about all the naysayers on this forum and all others. Like a lot of other people I know what I know and have the courage of my convictions to follow through with all of this. The people that have seen dowsing work with their own eyes don't need anybody telling us about hoaxes. I am not really sure what the motivation is of these people that feel the need to constantly denigrate all things dowsing or even LRL's for that matter.

My plan is to dig up the treasures and do it in front of a world-wide audience. I also plan on going after the "Amazing Randi's" million dollar plus reward for proof of psychic abilities and I plan on using children to do it. In fact after winning the money it will be used to help children. This is all part of my master plan and I am sharing this on T-Net for all to see. Part of the requirements to be involved in the test is that you have to have publicly published articles about dowsing or other abilities.

When the time is right I want to use the services of any and all dowsers that would be willing to help to find as many treasures as possible. I would like to use the treasures for the good of society. Laugh if you want and call me crazy, I don't care. Go ahead and tell me I am trying to create some sort of hoax. It is easy to do while you hide in front of your computer. The truth will come out.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I feel....

Attachments

• ducttapetee.jpg
    ducttapetee.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 124

ShadowLine

Jan 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, searching that entire field will take months if I do it right. I've spent a ton of time just searching the small section I already did. For perspective, that's only a fraction of the actual field, and the woods are also of interest to me. I originally planned on just searching the areas identified through dowsing first, then taking my time with the rest. When I saw the threads popping up stating dowsing didn't work I figured I'd do my own little study on its effectiveness and search the whole thing and share my results. Plus, I made a commitment to the dowser to share the results in another thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread