kiana7
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2012
- Messages
- 1,227
- Reaction score
- 643
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Riverside,California
- Detector(s) used
- MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I was so excited,
when my package arrived from Mr.Plugger today,
that means I'm gonna be using my Excal
As I looked very careful @ my Excal ,I noticed the rust on my Excal

Is this normal or is my machine dying on me
Can I still use it,looks like corrosion to me:roll

when my package arrived from Mr.Plugger today,
that means I'm gonna be using my Excal
As I looked very careful @ my Excal ,I noticed the rust on my Excal

Is this normal or is my machine dying on me
Can I still use it,looks like corrosion to me:rollAttachments
Upvote
0
Jim is correct, trapped moisture causes that sort of thing. When you look at the flat seal on the plug you'll notice what appears to be two small molded in o-rings that seat into the pin recesses around the pins on both the the pod and the plug - water will often still seep in the flat portion of the seal and eventually work its way to one of the pins, or both, the silicone grease will help to prevent this. You always want to make sure this plug is screwed down snug so that this seal can do its job. 







