What's new

Is the Minelab E-Trac that much better than the Minelab SE Pro?

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife came into some money this week and being the great wife she is, she wanted to know if I wanted to upgrade my metal detector. I have had my Minelab SE Pro for a couple of years and it has been a great machine but it has been used a lot. It still works great but I know it can't last forever.

My question, is the E-Trac that much better of a detector than the SE-Pro?
 
They are both fantastic machines. (They are both Explorers) One having some extra bells and whistles.

You would be very happy with either one.
 
If you know your SE well, then I doubt there will be much difference. I still use an XS and I've hunted with a lot of E-trac guys. All I can say is that it is no magic wand. I've never hunted with an E-trac guy and thought that it was finding anything that I couldn't find. When i see it happen, then I might make the switch. Otherwise, I can live with my 5-15 silver per day of hunting that I'm doing right now.
 
Get an Etrac...try it out for 6 months...if you're not happy then sell it again. You'll make most of your money back on an Etrac as long as you look after it. Easiest way to compare. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom