What's new

Is this a Barrette

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today along with an 1890 Liberty head nickel and an "Engineer Make" overall button. I think it is a barrette or hair clip. maybe Breezie will chime in.
 

Attachments

  • beret 1.webp
    beret 1.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 383
  • beret 2.webp
    beret 2.webp
    150.9 KB · Views: 371
  • 1890 nickel.webp
    1890 nickel.webp
    135.7 KB · Views: 362
I think it is either a Victorian 'bar' pin or a hair barrette, but I'm leaning more toward a pin. Looking at the back where the attachments were, it looks more like a pin than a barrette, but it's hard to tell from the pic. The pattern on the front is a butterfly, which was popular during the 'Vickie' days. Nice finds :thumbsup: Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VictorianBarPin.webp
    VictorianBarPin.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0
Thanks Breezie. When i first looked at the back i thought pin because one attachment point is different than the other.I am marking this one solved. To paraphrase the expression; "You Da Woman!"
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Button ID
Replies
10
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom