What's new

Is this a button??

Ripcon

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2016
Messages
725
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this quarter sized brass disc yesterday in west central Mississippi at an old house site. It was silver plated but the back looks strange. I don't see any evidence of a maker's mark nor do I see where the eyelet on the back would've been attached. Any help with this or any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    263.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    175.8 KB · Views: 86
Try cleaning it a little more just water even would help
 
Upvote 0
Your button looks like it may have had a box shank simular to the button on the left....
 

Attachments

  • button shanks.webp
    button shanks.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
yes silver plated circa 1790s-1820s
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
6
Views
574
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom