What's new

is this a cannonball

allison86

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2015
Messages
342
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Location
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My stepfather found this digging a hole for a fence post this was 3 feet deep there was a couple of civil war forts here in western wa and there was a few territory wars in the mid 1800s 20160417_180816.webp
 
Upvote 6
Did it come out of the ground looking like this?
 
8 pounds someone said it was a millball but i think its a cannonball and how deep it was and there was a few wars around here puget sound terrirtory
 
Yes it did i am sure its iron
 
Yes it was three feet deep
 
Almost certainly. I see the molded seam. I assume the ball was cleaned and polished so, very nice
 
I will show you a other pic :thumbsup:
 
Looks to be to me too. I do see where Bartek is coming from, doesn't seem to have allot of pitting,but maybe came up nice and was polished like Scrappy mentioned. Send the "TheCannonBallGuy" a PM , he is the master on Artillery.
 
Maybe my dad did polish it i will have to ask
 
I'm not sure, but looks more mill ball to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom