Ridgewalker Tenderfoot Joined Jan 10, 2011 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Minelab Safari Jan 30, 2011 #1 Found this in a roll of quarters. Can't make out the date but the drop test says it's not silver. perhaps it was just heated up and slightly melted. Opinions? HH! Ridgewalker Attachments Cud Obverse.webp 57.9 KB · Views: 327 Cud Reverse.webp 53.1 KB · Views: 330 Upvote 0
Found this in a roll of quarters. Can't make out the date but the drop test says it's not silver. perhaps it was just heated up and slightly melted. Opinions? HH! Ridgewalker
A ArkieBassMan Silver Member Joined Dec 17, 2009 Messages 2,560 Reaction score 1,100 Golden Thread 0 Location AR Detector(s) used Minelab E-Trac Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 30, 2011 #2 I'm certainly no expert, but it looks very familiar to coins I've found metal detecting that went through a fire.
I'm certainly no expert, but it looks very familiar to coins I've found metal detecting that went through a fire.
E Emperor Findus Cladius Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2004 Messages 1,831 Reaction score 46 Golden Thread 0 Location TX Detector(s) used Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 30, 2011 #3 Definitely not a cud. Does look to be fire damage.