Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw this ad in a Google ad bar. I clicked it and found a place selling the Garrett Pro Pointer for under $45. By the pics, it shows a Made in America box and Garretts info, Yet when you order it, it comes via China shipping. Seems fishy, unless Garrett is giving them away now.

^^removed link^^

NOTE: I just went to other places on the site and found the Chinese copied T2 and Fisher F19. Removed the link. Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a Chinese made knock off! Beware!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy from a trusted Treasurenet Sponsor!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn Chinese, have they no morals?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only bottom feeders are prejudice good ol boys like you two. Here is to hoping you both were born sterile.... :occasion14:

That's got to be the most stupid insulting post I've ever seen on here. The Chinese are dirty player's in the world since they DO make fake item's and sell them as authentic. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, nothing in the two posts before your snide remark had anything to do with race. They are called Chinese because they live in CHINA! Chinese isn't a race.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm Chinese, does that mean I have no morals and a bottom feeder?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
By the way, nothing in the two posts before your snide remark had anything to do with race. They are called Chinese because they live in CHINA! Chinese isn't a race.
^^^^^^^ This.. I don't get offended when people call me an American. Over the top political correctness is the ruin of this great country..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it's the quality of Chinese merchandise that is in question.

I utilize brass and stainless steel products in the saltwater boating world. The brass grommets are from China- they rust, The stainless steel rusts... The stainless steel hose clamps rust.

Try a magnet on Chinese stainless and brass...

I broke a Black and Decker bolt extractor, attempting to extract a crap Chinese broken bolt, only to break the Black and Decker tool, which proudly had CHINA written on the bit.

Americans are not the smartest people on the planet. We are willing to go buy cheap products 4 times, then to buy something of quality once.

Because of this, it's almost impossible to find quality made American products anymore...

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's got to be the most stupid insulting post I've ever seen on here. The Chinese are dirty player's in the world since they DO make fake item's and sell them as authentic. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch!

You being insulted is irrelevant. Seems your panties are in a bunch the way you prattle on with little substance. To label all Chinese as bottom feeders and having no morals is insulting. Many Chinese people are working hard to manufacture solid products and break that stereotype.

Where did I say anything about race? Thats right...I didn't. They said the Chinese are bottom feeders and have no morals. They encompassed ALL Chinese people under an umbrella. Pretty nasty stuff.

I'm Chinese, does that mean I have no morals and a bottom feeder?

I apologize you even have to read stuff like that anywhere. Chinese people are great and awesome in my book.

So you advocate ripping people off with blatant violations of trademark laws ? That's good to know

Yeah...that's exactly what I said. Run along to your Hee-Haw reruns if you cannot comprehend and just want to troll. Obviously you are ok with calling all Chinese people bottom feeders and having no morals...good to know.

^^^^^^^ This.. I don't get offended when people call me an American. Over the top political correctness is the ruin of this great country..

So you can keep up and comprehend..... No Chinese person is offended when you call them Chinese. Every Chinese person is offended when you call them ALL bottom feeders and having no morals.

I believe it's the quality of Chinese merchandise that is in question.

I utilize brass and stainless steel products in the saltwater boating world. The brass grommets are from China- they rust, The stainless steel rusts... The stainless steel hose clamps rust.

Try a magnet on Chinese stainless and brass...

I broke a Black and Decker bolt extractor, attempting to extract a crap Chinese broken bolt, only to break the Black and Decker tool, which proudly had CHINA written on the bit.

Americans are not the smartest people on the planet. We are willing to go buy cheap products 4 times, then to buy something of quality once.

Because of this, it's almost impossible to find quality made American products anymore...

That was the topic until Bo and Luke Duke decided they needed to holler into the air about how the Chinese are terrible people. The fact they cannot differentiate a product from a nation of people is bonkers.

Oh...a Chinese product is fake (or cheap)...that must mean ALL Chinese people are bottom feeders and have no morals. What a terrible thought process.

I saw one fat lazy Arkansas redneck hillbilly....all Americans must be that way right? Starting to think so....

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...............well, I didn't mean to start an American/Chinese war. The facts:

Not all Chinese manufactured goods are cheaply made. Many American companies take advantage of the cheap labor but still design and QA their products. About every television LCD display is made in China. And companies, like Samsung, have a pretty good record of quality products. And even America has it's cheap junk. I know, because I once owned a Saturn.

The problem stems from copyright infringements, which are pretty sketchy in China. It looks like it but it's not it. In a land of attorneys, you don't have to go far to sue someone for anything. China seems to be light on merchandising laws, but it's their country. They're looking at us saying "well, you have a choice. Don't buy it". We, on the other hand make sure the choice doesn't exist, and that's fine. It's our country.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...............well, I didn't mean to start an American/Chinese war. The facts:

Not all Chinese manufactured goods are cheaply made. Many American companies take advantage of the cheap labor but still design and QA their products. About every television LCD display is made in China. And companies, like Samsung, have a pretty good record of quality products. And even America has it's cheap junk. I know, because I once owned a Saturn.

The problem stems from copyright infringements, which are pretty sketchy in China. It looks like it but it's not it. In a land of attorneys, you don't have to go far to sue someone for anything. China seems to be light on merchandising laws, but it's their country. They're looking at us saying "well, you have a choice. Don't buy it". We, on the other hand make sure the choice doesn't exist, and that's fine. It's our country.

I disagree. They are ALL cheaply made, but not all POORLY made. If they weren't CHEAPLY made we wouldn't be having things made in China vs the USA.

Personally I feel we need a tariff on Chinese goods. It would force us to manufacture goods here in the USA, it would create jobs and raise wages, and it would reduce our dependency on imports.

But whatever! We will continue to let China own us I guess! I would say WE are the bottom feeders most of the time... depending on China for manufacturing.

But regardless, that pin pointer is garbage!

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Brand name key words are banned on aliexpress and alibaba.com
That's why they decided to post on google Adwords.
I think. They only hide and earn fast money.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually when someone uses the word "prejudice" they are referring to race. Even I am smart enough to know they were talking about mainland China, not chinese people in general. BTW, just who is being prejudice when you refer to the posters as "good ole boys" and " Bo and Luke Duke" remarks. Also go back and read. At no time did they say "all" Chinese. This country has been pounded to death by everything from copied machinery to fake coins. They are what they are, dirty communist with no values. Sorry but I don't play the PC card. A spade is a spade and with the remarks you made about the posts you are no better than the people you scold. I'm just sayin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread