T tim2357 Jr. Member Joined Oct 23, 2009 Messages 89 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2009 #1 I Found it in a roll ordered directly from the mint (I will auction with packing slip from mint as proof) Is this a Incomplete Clipped Planchlet? It has raised curved Line of metal on the obverse. Attachments clip (2).webp 89.2 KB · Views: 606 Upvote 0
I Found it in a roll ordered directly from the mint (I will auction with packing slip from mint as proof) Is this a Incomplete Clipped Planchlet? It has raised curved Line of metal on the obverse.
T tim2357 Jr. Member Joined Oct 23, 2009 Messages 89 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Nov 19, 2009 Thread Owner #2 Re: Is this a Partially Clipped Planchlet? Reverse Attachments back.webp 105.1 KB · Views: 586
E Emperor Findus Cladius Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2004 Messages 1,831 Reaction score 46 Golden Thread 0 Location TX Detector(s) used Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2009 #3 Seeing the damage around the rim to me it looks to be damage after the coin was stamped.
AGCoinHunter Bronze Member Joined Aug 13, 2009 Messages 2,074 Reaction score 25 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2009 #4 Maybe got caught in the rolling machine?
I Immy Silver Member Joined Mar 12, 2005 Messages 2,999 Reaction score 874 Golden Thread 0 Location Vegas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 19, 2009 #5 That's a rim-to-rim die crack, a nice one too. That part of the die (inside the "loop") was just a few strikes from breaking off. Nice find!
That's a rim-to-rim die crack, a nice one too. That part of the die (inside the "loop") was just a few strikes from breaking off. Nice find!
T tim2357 Jr. Member Joined Oct 23, 2009 Messages 89 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Nov 20, 2009 Thread Owner #6 What are errors like this worth? I can't find one like it Would it be worth it to get is graded, or would the rim damage detract from it? It has a beveled rim as you can in these photos. Attachments 0002 - 20091119_121447.webp 24.5 KB · Views: 508 0003 - 20091119_121541.webp 28 KB · Views: 507 0007 - 20091119_121847.webp 33.3 KB · Views: 514 0006 - 20091119_121757.webp 24.7 KB · Views: 509 0005 - 20091119_121721.webp 26.1 KB · Views: 516 0008 - 20091119_121934.webp 34.4 KB · Views: 517
What are errors like this worth? I can't find one like it Would it be worth it to get is graded, or would the rim damage detract from it? It has a beveled rim as you can in these photos.
T tim2357 Jr. Member Joined Oct 23, 2009 Messages 89 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Jan 5, 2010 Thread Owner #7 I posted this on ebay as "Unique Error 2007D George Washington String theory" I turns out it's not a die crack but a rather a string of metal on top of the coin Thanks for you feedback Attachments string1.webp 19.2 KB · Views: 397 string2.webp 19.5 KB · Views: 392
I posted this on ebay as "Unique Error 2007D George Washington String theory" I turns out it's not a die crack but a rather a string of metal on top of the coin Thanks for you feedback