What's new

Is this a musket part??

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas??
 

Attachments

  • whatsit1.webp
    whatsit1.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 624
  • whatsit2.webp
    whatsit2.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 623
  • whatsit3.webp
    whatsit3.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 651
Boy,that sure looks like it Jim!Is that a Hawken?Thanks!!!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Boy,that sure looks like it Jim!Is that a Hawken?Thanks!!!

I don't remember the make/model... I know every one looks a little different and thought this was pretty close.

I'll see if I can find the pic again... :)
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Jim,I bookmarked that to my research file.I also see several other parts I found,I didnt know what they were!!!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well done, Jim. That's exactly what it is. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Not to a musket, appears to be a triggerguard for a rifle, nice find.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the back strap portion of the trigger guard for a Kentucky type Rifle. Notice the curvature of it. If you have some more of the parts, by all means post them, would help identify just what type it is.I'm not too sure about a Kentucky, but several different kinds look similar, Monty
 

Attachments

  • KentuckyRbb.webp
    KentuckyRbb.webp
    168.8 KB · Views: 861
Upvote 0
Thanks!I didnt ind any other gun parts at that site but I have found side plates and butt plates at others
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Flattened out trigger guard?

Jim, can you please post that again without the circle. Great reference.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Monty, kinda looks like from a Kentucky rifle. (longrifle)
 

Attachments

  • longrifle.webp
    longrifle.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 506
  • whatsit musket part.webp
    whatsit musket part.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 355
  • longrifle.webp
    longrifle.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Once again Kentucky rifle is a generic term, Most were built in Penna and NY The one you show appears to be from a later percussion ,not flint rifle. Bob
 
Upvote 0
Man that really looks like it in that last pic,I am convinced that is it.It was found at an 1850 site.Thanks again guys!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Long rifle Haines.webp
    Long rifle Haines.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom