What's new

Is this a point? I really need your help! :)

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Attached are images of what I believe is a broken point. Found in NE Illinois. I have my ideas as to what type and era, but I would like your opinions. The stem is broken but I added an outline of my best guess as to how it looked.
The edges are serrated, somewhat thin and flaking patters are average.


Any help would be appreciated.


Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    67 KB · Views: 105
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    126.8 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
Definitely a point possibly a small spear. Keep looking in that area should be more. Good luck and happy hunting!
 
Looks like an Adena Dixon type to me it also looks heat-treated I think those are late archaic to woodland
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom