SC Keith Hero Member Joined Aug 25, 2010 Messages 678 Reaction score 1,420 Golden Thread 5 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 25, 2020 #1 I found this brass tube at the site where I recovered an 18th century flintlock in pieces. Is this a part of the steel ramrod?
I found this brass tube at the site where I recovered an 18th century flintlock in pieces. Is this a part of the steel ramrod?
Retired Sarge Silver Member Joined Feb 22, 2009 Messages 2,871 Reaction score 5,999 Golden Thread 0 Location Panama City Florida Primary Interest: Other Oct 25, 2020 #2 Looks like a ramrod ferrule, possibly a ball seater. Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 Upvote 0
SC Keith Hero Member Joined Aug 25, 2010 Messages 678 Reaction score 1,420 Golden Thread 5 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 25, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Thank you ffuries for taking the time to ID the ramrod part. I really appreciate it! Keith Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 25, 2020 #4 Is there any indication of how it would have attached to the stock or barrel/under-rib? Upvote 0