What's new

Is this a Revolutionary War Regement button?

Relicboy2257

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
73
Reaction score
223
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Whites Dfx,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I got permission on one of my favorite spots to find colonial artifacts, and I possibly found my first regiment button, it’s definitely from the 1700’s and I never found anything like it. Is it really a regiment button, or something else? image.webp,
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    227.5 KB · Views: 78
Any thoughts on what it might be?
 
Upvote 0
It is an 18th century button. It's a civilian pattern. The face is similar (deliberately) done to resemble a Spanish piece of 8. They are very popular, it's a very nice button.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for the information Smokeythecat
 
Upvote 0
BTW I've never found one...
 
Upvote 0
That's a cool button in very good shape.
Congrats on the find.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
649
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
732

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom