What's new

is this a scarf slide? SOLVED....shoe button cover

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this at an old farm house. its about exactly the size of a quarter. I was thinking scarf slide, but not sure, any help would be appreciated. thanks, Griff
 

Attachments

  • 7-27r back.webp
    7-27r back.webp
    24 KB · Views: 396
  • 7-27relic.webp
    7-27relic.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 7-27r back.webp
    7-27r back.webp
    24 KB · Views: 343
Re: is this a scarf slide?

Sure resembles one... or, it's a button cover, maybe.

I would feel comfortable calling that a scarf slide.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Picture 035.webp
    Picture 035.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Picture 036.webp
    Picture 036.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Re: is this a scarf slide?

IronSpike said:
It's a ladies shoe button cover :thumbsup:

The one I found has a pattern number (01419034), and is dated 1922.

nice ID, no doubt that has got to be it. thanks a lot you guys.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim got it too :thumbsup: I just happened to have found one :wink:
 
Upvote 0
great I.D. Spike! If I didn't see your link I never would have believed it, as there is so little holding the darn thing on! I guess this invention wasn't a big seller, or else we'd be finding them all over the place considering such a flimsy way to attach.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry to dredge up an old post but I thought it was cool that I found the exact same shoe button cover today...
 

Attachments

  • 02 Oct 2010 002.webp
    02 Oct 2010 002.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 02 Oct 2010 002.webp
    02 Oct 2010 002.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
Wow! Learn something new everyday
 
Upvote 0
Here's a pair of 'em!
Also a Spike ID
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 9-30 001.webp
    NC FINDS 9-30 001.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom