What's new

Is this a Waller knife?

tonykidd

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
204
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing I know that looks similar to this is a Waller knife. If so, first I've found.
Thanks for looking.

IMG_1213.webp
 
Upvote 0
These are the best type of threads. It's very cool hearing everyone's opinion, and especially based upon their particular region of the country. I'm sure the Indians were as diverse as we are, and what may have been used as a tool in one area may have had a different use elsewhere.
 
You mention Waller diving on sites in the Florida rivers. I also read on this site where quite a few people find many arrowheads and pottery in streams and creek beds. I have walked and drifted hundreds of miles of backwoods creeks here in Eastern NC and have not found any artifacts in the lowland. All my finds are on the hills around and between the creeks. i do know of one spot in Fishing Creek a friend of mine has found what appears to be net weights made by Indians and he also found a few spear points and sharks teeth there. For me I figured it was a spot where fish were taken as why the net weights and spear points there.
 
Also I was going to mention yesterday I hunted a field for a short while and found what I believe is a Waller knife and also a hammer stone. As I mentioned in a earlier post I believe I have found quite a few Waller knives. They must be common here in Eastern NC. I always thought they were just unfinished points �� or had been hit with the tractor disc. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post one of what I found yesterday when I get the chance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom