What's new

Is this a whistle?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
If this is a whistle, how old do you think it is?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0849.webp
    IMG_0849.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0850.webp
    IMG_0850.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0851.webp
    IMG_0851.webp
    22 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0852.webp
    IMG_0852.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0854.webp
    IMG_0854.webp
    23 KB · Views: 248
Thank you very much gents. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Police whistles like that aren't that common. Good find.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Is it a police whistle Bio? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Yep. Police or maybe fire whistle most likely made in England.

These type whistles were extremely common in the UK. Not so much here. So finding one here is not so easy.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
The more I think about the cast lines, the more they bother me. I've looked for examples of cast police/fire/boy scout whistles like it and I can't find one.

One reference said they they did start to make whistles like this in China. I would think they would look at all possible markets.

Maybe there was a toy police whistle that was mold cast. I shutter to think what the metal alloy may have been. So maybe looking into toys police whistles will be useful.

Just a thought.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Good call trikik. The metal is cheap, so I wonder if its an official English Whistle? Maybe its a toy? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom