What's new

Is this happening in your area of the country?????

Old coin

Greenie
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks in this area are charging 10% to take back, weather it's your bank, or one you don't bank at, next they will be charging us just to spend money at retail stores.
 
Upvote 0
I have only run into one bank in Kansas that wanted to charge me 8% to dump, I held onto them. I've been in most all the states around the country & that's the only bank that wanted to charge me. Now I've had alot that wouldn't take them cuz I wasn't a customer!
 
Old coin said:
The banks in this area are charging 10% to take back, weather it's your bank, or one you don't bank at, next they will be charging us just to spend money at retail stores.

What area are you in? I have heard of fees for using the coin counter and fees for box orders. How much are you dumping?

65GT350
 
One of my dump banks is chargeing me $5.00 each time I dump, so today I took in $1700.00 in halves and payed the 5 bucks. the only time I'll use this bank is when I have alot to dump.
 
That is more than Coinstar charges. What bank is charging that much?

They are sure to lose alot of business clients who get paid in change, such as laundrymats and vending machine operators. You would go out of business having to pay a 10% fee on your income when you cashed it in.

I have heard of banks charging to buy boxes of halve, but never to return dumps as long as you have an account there.

Jim
 
My bank charges 10% but I have been going on
Saturday when the manager is gone. The kids
that work on Saturday don't know to charge.
You might want to give it a try
 
I have never heard of that ??? Good thing my banks arnt doing that up here in Washinton yet. One of my banks is getting weired out because I buy a box of pennies from them every 2 days and never return it. :) I return the box to a different bank like you are suppose to :)
 
Me and my competition both use the same dump bank. The only person that gripes is the old man that comes and picks up the coins. I've seen him before. He has to have a cigarette before he picks them up and then another one right after. Sometimes I just can't help but laugh at him. He hauls them in the trunk of his car. If I were him I would be sueing us for some new springs....
 

Attachments

  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    17 KB · Views: 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom