R Reeves Tenderfoot Joined Dec 8, 2017 Messages 8 Reaction score 23 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 30, 2018 #1 Hi Everyone I was wondering if this vase is Native American, and if it is dose anyone maybe when it was circulated and which tribe it belongs to. I would really appreciate any info on this piece. Upvote 0
Hi Everyone I was wondering if this vase is Native American, and if it is dose anyone maybe when it was circulated and which tribe it belongs to. I would really appreciate any info on this piece.
joshuaream Silver Member Joined Jun 25, 2009 Messages 3,174 Reaction score 4,547 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida & Hong Kong Dec 30, 2018 #2 From the base of it, it looks to have been made on a potter’s wheel, which indicates that it isn’t prehistoric Native American.
From the base of it, it looks to have been made on a potter’s wheel, which indicates that it isn’t prehistoric Native American.
Relicgrubber Silver Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Nov 3, 2018 Messages 4,920 Reaction score 13,060 Golden Thread 0 Location Deep East Texas Detector(s) used O.G. XP DEUS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 30, 2018 #3 Pueblo in origin. Post modern.
R Reeves Tenderfoot Joined Dec 8, 2017 Messages 8 Reaction score 23 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 30, 2018 Thread Owner #4 thanks for the quick response, i really am a novice to Native American Pottery. Just for my own knowledge how are yall able to tell its a modern piece
thanks for the quick response, i really am a novice to Native American Pottery. Just for my own knowledge how are yall able to tell its a modern piece
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 30, 2018 #5 Modern yes, but still collectible.
Relicgrubber Silver Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Nov 3, 2018 Messages 4,920 Reaction score 13,060 Golden Thread 0 Location Deep East Texas Detector(s) used O.G. XP DEUS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 30, 2018 #6 Reeves said: thanks for the quick response, i really am a novice to Native American Pottery. Just for my own knowledge how are yall able to tell its a modern piece Click to expand... Joshua gave the best indicator.
Reeves said: thanks for the quick response, i really am a novice to Native American Pottery. Just for my own knowledge how are yall able to tell its a modern piece Click to expand... Joshua gave the best indicator.
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,186 Reaction score 33,089 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 31, 2018 #7 I've got a dozen pieces of that stuff I've bought at flea markets and antique malls. I thought it was from Mexico but not sure. Gary
I've got a dozen pieces of that stuff I've bought at flea markets and antique malls. I thought it was from Mexico but not sure. Gary
dognose Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2009 Messages 4,563 Reaction score 13,168 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Fisher F70 Dec 31, 2018 #8 I agree with Joshua. The pottery I have has been tempered with shell. From the break area in the photo, I do not see any tempering.
I agree with Joshua. The pottery I have has been tempered with shell. From the break area in the photo, I do not see any tempering.
Rookster Sapphire Member Joined Nov 24, 2013 Messages 29,409 Reaction score 111,678 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer Primary Interest: Cache Hunting Dec 31, 2018 #9 I like it.
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,025 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #10 i lean more mexican...pueblo stuff has more pride in its execution...
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #11 Very nice
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2019 #12 Welcome from MI Tommy
RustyGold Gold Member Joined Aug 16, 2013 Messages 9,510 Reaction score 11,223 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern California Detector(s) used XP Deus I & II Xterra Elite Xterra Pro Primary Interest: Other Jan 6, 2019 #13 unclemac said: i lean more mexican...pueblo stuff has more pride in its execution... Click to expand... I agree. Mexican. I use to see a ton of this stuff in the 1970’s.
unclemac said: i lean more mexican...pueblo stuff has more pride in its execution... Click to expand... I agree. Mexican. I use to see a ton of this stuff in the 1970’s.