What's new

Is this normal?

Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
78
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wv 2 miles from Western,Md
Detector(s) used
Teroso Sand Shark
I metal detected for six straight hours yesterday and my arms feel like they are going to fall off!!!!! :'( I have a Whites Blue Max 950. Can anyone tell me if there is such thing as a lighter detector or an attachment I can get so it doesn't seem so heavy???? ???
 
6 straight hours would take its toll on most people ;D You might be able to pick up a smaller coil for that model detector also, that might help.
 
Treasure_Hunter THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH for sending me that link! I am getting ready to order that harness now!!! :thumbsup:

See, that's just one of the reasons why I love this forum!!!
 
A harness is a good solution to swinging a heavy detector, but if you find it doesn't solve the problem for you, check out Tesoro Detectors. Many Tesoros are very light. I have aTesoro Vaquero and it weighs 2.2 pounds!! You can swing it all day, and Tesoros are excellent machines.check them out.
 
Try using a pair of suspenders.......Matt
 
On a long hunt I use a camelback. I have a rubber bunge I shortened up that I clip on the detector and then the end with carabiner gets clipped camelback.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06978.webp
    DSC06978.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 252
extractor said:
On a long hunt I use a camelback. I have a rubber bunge I shortened up that I clip on the detector and then the end with carabiner gets clipped camelback.

I do the same thing Extractor, I also have a Camelbac, 2 liter, I have sunscreen clipped on to it,as well as the bungee for my detector harness.........I LOVE using the Camelbac, I always have cold water with me now when I hunt, even in chest deep water I can have a nice cool drink any time I want....
 
I did the harness thing with the Minelab Etrac after using one on my Ace 350 -I would go out and walk/swing all night- here's a good idea someone gave me- shorten your pole so your coil is closer to your feet. it makes it weigh less being closer but with the harness I can move it back and forth with two fingers so it's not really a big deal. I'd only recommend taking a lot of breaks and if you are prone to carpel tunnel or tennis elbow go really slow with lots of breaks with stretching out before and after swinging for any duration.

I have tennis elbow in both arms from over doing it weight lifting before I started metal detecting in the spring of this year. swinging a coil aggravates it, but even the doctor told me recently again, the harm is done- pop some advil and enjoy what ever your doing. you can't make it much worse once it's hurting anyhow, tennis elbow is mostly just annoyingly painful- if anything it's the hurting bad enoug to keep me awake that bothers me....

honestly slow down if your hurting!!!! the stuff in the ground isn't going any where...it will wait for you. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom