Is this our Thomas Beale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Franklin

Peter Viemeister had a lot in his book about this Thomas Beale. He was not the one neither was his son of the same name. He was the one that married Celeste Depreav. I may have the last name spelled wrong but anyway it was the Mayor or Governor's daugher. Thomas Beale sr. died earlier than 1822 and his son died around 1821 as there was a big court battle in New Orleans over their estates. Look in Peter V's book, " A history of a mystery, The Beale Treasrue."

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Peter Viemeister had a lot in his book about this Thomas Beale. He was not the one neither was his son of the same name. He was the one that married Celeste Depreav. I may have the last name spelled wrong but anyway it was the Mayor or Governor's daugher. Thomas Beale sr. died earlier than 1822 and his son died around 1821 as there was a big court battle in New Orleans over their estates. Look in Peter V's book, " A history of a mystery, The Beale Treasrue."

Actually, Peter Viemeister said the son, Thomas, died Oct. 22, 1823 in New Orleans. Still, he would have been only about 20 at the time our Beale first met Morriss. Not impossible, but not likely that a guy that young could come up with something so elaborate as the codes. Then again, maybe it wasn't Beale, but someone else who came up with the codes. Peter didn't actually say that Thomas SR. COULDN'T have been the one. He said, presuming that Morriss had good memory, and presuming that the pamphlet author had accurate recollection of what Morris said, then Thomas SR. couldn't be the one.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe, once you do the required gen search, you'll find that her name was actually "Grandpierre".....and as expected, she was of French origin.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) Agree with Franklin... Thomas Beale, SR. is the person who had a duel with James Risque in Fincastle. VA & LATER Risque moved to Lynchburg, VIRGINIA becoming the GRANDFATHER of JB WARD ("BP") & the Hutter BROS of the CSA; The Hutter family owned & lived in TJ's Poplar Forest for YEARS (up to 1941)! (WINK) THIS :key: is the KEY! LOL!:laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) And "Scoop", we DON'T NEED to do "geno research"... YOU already have; share what cha got! (WINK)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(SMILE) Agree with Franklin... Thomas Beale, SR. is the person who had a duel with James Risque in Fincastle. VA & LATER Risque moved to Lynchburg, VIRGINIA becoming the GRANDFATHER of JB WARD ("BP") & the Hutter BROS of the CSA; The Hutter family owned & lived in TJ's Poplar Forest for YEARS (up to 1941)! (WINK) THIS :key: is the KEY! LOL!:laughing7:

And people still want to believe that duel was over a woman.......:laughing7: Follow the French "connexions" just as you were asked to do in the very beginning of the Beale Pamphlet. "Risque" is French........Beale was married into French origins. That, my friend, is the key. Over honor, yes, over a woman....only if you chose to trust the he-said-she-said local train of smoke & mirrors. $$$$

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMIRKING) LOL! "Local train of smoke & mirrors"? PROOF! YOU have NONE! It WAS over Julia Hancock, 16 year old BEAUTY (seen "pic")... who later on, went to marry W. Clark of Lewis & Clark Expedition; this was in VIRGINIA! YOU are trying to re-write history to fit your own personal "agenda", UNLESS! YOU can provide PROOF! LOL!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(SMIRKING) LOL! "Local train of smoke & mirrors"? PROOF! YOU have NONE! It WAS over Julia Hancock, 16 year old BEAUTY (seen "pic")... who later on, went to marry W. Clark of Lewis & Clark Expedition; this was in VIRGINIA! YOU are trying to re-write history to fit your own personal "agenda", UNLESS! YOU can provide PROOF! LOL!

If you say so Reb....:laughing7:....has always been that way. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". Not too long ago you were laughing yourself silly at the thought of a French connection....and now? Not too long ago you were 100% certain it all had to do with the missing CSA treasury...and now? There's going to be a lot of new info coming down the road, just as I told you there would be, and none of it is going to have anything to do with the missing C.T. Stay tune, "Tat's" on top of it. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) NO "French connection" seen here, YET! Waiting with ABATED breath! STILL "into" the "SECOND YEAR OF THE CONFEDERATE WAR". (WINK)

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... definitely not CT. Lol..

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I actually went to Virginia to try to dig up the Beale treasure. I think it was Virginia, as it was over 20 years ago. We did a dig on a farmers property. I found out that many people had come to him thinking the treasure was on his property. I went there with a dowser that had pinpointed the spot thru map dowsing. By the time we got there and were able to get in touch with the owner it was late in the afternoon. My old man dowser buddy dowsed the exact spot to dig. It was decided (against my wishes) to come back and dig the next day.

Upon ariving back at the farm, the old man again dowsed. He was now pointing out a location about 20 feet from the spot he had marked the evening before. We hired a local to come with a backhoe to dig. He charged $200 bucks. He said he was hired fairly regularly to dig for the Beale treasure. I am not sure if he or the farmer really believed it existed.

He dug down about 10 feet and them dug the hole about 10 feet wide. We found nothing. I know from experience that when a person dowses a location that where the sun is on the horizon will effect where the rods or pendulum will say the target is.

I don't expect anyone to believe any of this. You can believe this much. I drove with a friend over 1000 miles to attempt to dig up the Beale treasure. I have no idea how many people on TN actually go out and try to find any of the treasures. I came up with a new saying recently. "You can lead a man to treasure, but you can't make him dig".

I have pictures and video of this dig. I know that I could find my way back. The name Bedford rings a bell. What are the odds that the Beale treasure exists?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NAW, Mr. Kenneth Dooley did a lot of "digging work" with a back-hoe or something...

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rebel, I am new to this topic and fairly new to TN. Do you believe the Beale treasure exists?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rebel, is there something wrong with your eye? What do you mean by not as the Beale treasure? Does it have another name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread