What's new

Is this streak normal?

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
I realize multiple skunks happen to everyone but at what point does it go beyond bad luck? In past 3 months I would have average returns, with a few multiple skunks but would also have some great (10+) boxes to balance it out. Last week, I had 14 straight skunks and so far this week I have gone through 8 skunks. That's 22 out of 23 skunks, so when do you start to question whether or not your coins are getting recycled and sent right back to you? I know there are lots of other CRH near me as many tellers tell me they have many people picking up boxes every week so I wonder with all the people pulling silver in my area, does this play a factor as there are so many dumps in area?

If my luck was always this bad, I would think nothing of it and chalk it up to "I guess that's the way it is." However since I have seen good silver before, I am trying to figure out if this is normal where you will go through so many skunks, or if this seems a little high to other people.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know where you are located, so you could be getting the same coins back. Try cutting back a bit and letting things "cycle" out. Or Try doing a road trip to get you back in the action. I live in a heavily populated area and get weak boxes in a row. So, it happens everywhere. Hang in there....good things will happen for you. Remember....you have to take the bad with the good!
rileyboy
 
ya, kind of suspicious...i would try finding a different order bank if i were you...good luck!!!
 
Last 8 box's skunked also.
 
I havent kept up with Silvercops numbers but i reckon he is on a pretty epic poor streak but it takes his never quit mentality to get through it. My worst ever was 10 silvers in 55 boxes and 11 bags in one month. If i remember correctly 9 of those keepers were in one bag. So at some point in that month i went 1 silver for 55 boxes and 10 bags.

In other words 22 out of 23 skunks still is no where close to the end of the world. However without streaks like that our hobby would never get thinned out of hunters.
 
Over Q4 2010 into Q1 this year, I'm averaging 5 of 6 boxes complete blanks and the sixth box with one or two 40%. Its just a dry time thats all. Lots of people entering the game.

I encourage the skunks, don't mind them at all, if I am getting them most other people are getting them and most people give up after a while as its cheaper just to go buy your silver at market prices or at a show. The fact that I am too dumb/stubborn to stop means when they go away I'll still be here to get the Ag!! Keep that attitude in mind and the skunks will no longer faze you.
 
Remember: if you keep getting boxes you might get skunked but if you stop getting boxes you definitely won't get any silver.
 
If I've learned anything on this forum, its that there is no such thing as "normal." What is normal for one area, or even one bank, may not be anywhere near normal for another.
 
gotgot said:
I encourage the skunks, don't mind them at all, if I am getting them most other people are getting them and most people give up after a while as its cheaper just to go buy your silver at market prices or at a show. The fact that I am too dumb/stubborn to stop means when they go away I'll still be here to get the Ag!! Keep that attitude in mind and the skunks will no longer faze you.

DITTO :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom