What's new

Is / was this a coin? Very flat, appears to be old, copper..

PowerDubs

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Messages
435
Reaction score
1,077
Golden Thread
0
Location
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very thin copper, not perfectly round. Appears old. No markings left that I can see... :icon_scratch:



 
Upvote 0
It has hammered splits from the looks. Look up some hammered coppers, Spanish ones.
 
Anyone else?
 
I agree with hammered Spanish maravedis. probably 16-th to early 18th century. I never dug one of these.....
 
Possibly flattened somehow, like a railroad track coin. Are there any details at all?
 
While it is thin, it is perfectly flat.. I would think a train would be bent a little like the rail is, no?
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457493090.831053.webp
Does anyone else see the 8 that I see? This picture is of a mid 1600's 8 meravedis..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom