It happened again!! You wont believe me... until you see it.

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened again!! You won't believe me... until you see it.

Not bad for an hours work. Aye? No story today, but thought you all might like to see em. It was hard enough to believe last week when I found the first one. I'm sure you all can imagine the giddiness I felt on finding the second one. Not to mention that I've been waiting on the quarter to make her appearance. Double score. LOL

On a side note, is it just me, or do you all find that no one else seems nearly as excited about the cool things you find as your fellow hunters? I find it rather disheartening that strangers seem more excited about these great things than people who I think should be.

Attachments

• New dollar.jpg
    New dollar.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Back new dollar.jpg
    Back new dollar.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 27

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet silver ! ya i show my friends ..the old silver i dig up and I can tell they don't give a $#(% .lol..they think im nuts going out digging in the ground lol .. i had this 1 guy walk buy me the other day with a look on his face like i was a nut job .shaking his head back and forth:dontknow:...lol... then i found a silver pendent lol :tongue3:

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds that should excite anybody. Even to uninterested people-a sliver coin that big out of the dirt should get some reaction.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find gold rings and get a "that's nice" from my girlfriend :P Great job on the big silver!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I show my best finds to my friends and family and they are also kind and say, "that's nice"...but they don't see the piles of junk and multitude of total targets dug to get the keeper find that you just showed them. I showed someone my best find, a '22 Peace Dollar that still had most of it's fine detail and some mint luster, and they said how come you only got one?..They don't understand the rarity of great finds. Soccer goals and softball home runs they understand! :dontknow:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wonderful that you've now found even more old silver coins - CONGRATS! :notworthy: :occasion18: :icon_thumright:

As for enthusiasm, it's more fun if you get a detecting buddy for some of your hunts. My adult son & I began this hobby together over two years ago and we're both still totally thrilled with it! It's a blast whether finding our dream items or something silly or quaint. Sometimes we detect alone, sometimes together. He's 40, I'm 71, and I'm planning to detect when I'm 101 also, even if I'm cruising the beach in a fat-tire wheelchair and using a long scoop to reach the sand! My husband thinks we've both gone totally bananas, berserk, lol. He collects nothing and so has zero interest in what we find, though does appreciate the value of our silver & gold finds. HOWEVER, he also is VERY supportive of our hobby -- for the first year, he'd randomly "seed" coins as he walked ahead of me on our many neighborhood walks, & it was always hilarious finding them. I'm short, he's tall, so he had no trouble walking ahead to tuck coins here and there. Once he put a staggered row of many coins leading up the sidewalk to our apartment, like leading a bird into a trap with breadcrumbs, lol. And often he meets with me and son for lunch somewhere near where we gonna detect, then hubby takes off for a walk while we detect. He's also been my "guard" when I detected isolated places without my son being there. (
btw, NEVER DETECT ISOLATED PLACES ALONE - NOT SAFE!) HAVE FUN! Andi

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats awesome! nice digs!. My buddy busts my butt about detecting, calling me a dork and what not, then I showed him my 10 large cents and all my other really old coins i found and hes all like " wow, whoa, theyre really cool, holy crap 200 yr old coins" lol changed his tune real quick:icon_thumleft:

Armorer73

Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet silver ! ya i show my friends ..the old silver i dig up and I can tell they don't give a $#(% .lol..they think im nuts going out digging in the ground lol .. i had this 1 guy walk buy me the other day with a look on his face like i was a nut job .shaking his head back and forth:dontknow:...lol... then i found a silver pendent lol :tongue3:

Can you imagine how this guy would frown upon someone that came across hard times? DB!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I show people my bling box and they want to know why I don't sell it all. Because I don't want to LOL

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a great hunt for sure, once you broke the ice it seems like it's easy, congrats on getting the two great looking silvers.:icon_thumright:

Been swinging the coil on and off for 45 or so years and I have yet to dig a silver dollar. A buddy dug one just a few feet from me this past May and looking at that sweet looking big silver still in the hole was a rush. I've given up on getting the :hello2: from folks when all one hears ringing in the ears is "How much is it worth?"

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful old silver, very nice finds BixbyTreasure! :occasion14:
I find the only people who are interested in my finds are young kids and fellow detectorists.
I don't bother showing my finds to my wife anymore . . . I won't even tell you about her reaction! :laughing7:

Dave

OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I wish it on anyone, but I will tell you, I'm glad I'm not alone. I'll have to take a pic of the 2 dollars together when I get home. Have a great day ladies and gents. It should be a beautiful day for digging here, hopefully in your part of the world too.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bixbytreasure , Enormous Congratulations on more amazing finds !!! Do please fill out the story on how/where you found those
great coins ! Two silver dollars is almost a miracle !!!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BixbyTreasure, you are finding out about the REAL hobby of metal detecting. I get the reactions you get. From family and friends, although my two sons are both interested in it, and have MDed with me when in S. Korea, where I hunt. You can imagine the kinds of looks I get from the Koreans, when they discover me digging in their country. (I only know of one Korean who I've seen that has a detector. But, the older men do know what a detector does, but they think I am hunting for bombs or grenades.) Keep hunting. It won't get any better, as far as the disinterest, but you can laugh (with your fellow detectorists) all the way to the bank. God bless. A "crazy" digging' S. Korea.

mizzoufan96

Apr 14, 2013
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just awesome. I'm still waiting for my first big or even decent find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions