it happened again

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hokie...when I lived on the east coast I used to get boxes chock full of brand new 1996's and 1998's, and always from my credit union. Try ordering from a different bank if you can, might make a difference.

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
This happens all the time in this hobby. Myself and a few others that CRH around me have ran into a 1996 P streak here lately, all brand new, and entire boxes full of them. Just like the rest of the boxes you get that are skunks, you just have to dump them and try not to think about it. The very next box might be the one you have been waiting for.

HH
JJ

OP
OP
hokiemojo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the encourangement all.

As for date checking them... Yes I did.

I'm not so foolish as to actually do this under normal circumstances, but a few boxes back, I stumbled on a similar situation. On the third of fourth role, there were a few other dates mixed in. That's where I found some 2007P&Ds. I know most big time hunters would toss those back, but as a very low volume hunter (a box every few weeks), I may not see too many more of those in their condition. I didn't want to miss a similar situation.

Also, I didn't have any other coins to go through at the time so why not. Sad, I know...

Thanks again all. I do try to keep perspective that this is no different than any other skunk, but, I'm still new to this so I actually enjoy getting a feel for the dates out there.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
hokiemojo said:
Thanks for the encourangement all.

As for date checking them... Yes I did.

I'm not so foolish as to actually do this under normal circumstances, but a few boxes back, I stumbled on a similar situation. On the third of fourth role, there were a few other dates mixed in. That's where I found some 2007P&Ds. I know most big time hunters would toss those back, but as a very low volume hunter (a box every few weeks), I may not see too many more of those in their condition. I didn't want to miss a similar situation.

Also, I didn't have any other coins to go through at the time so why not. Sad, I know...

Thanks again all. I do try to keep perspective that this is no different than any other skunk, but, I'm still new to this so I actually enjoy getting a feel for the dates out there.

I would like to get some solid boxes of 1999-P's out here. Best date for uncirculated OBW Kennedy coins of the 90's.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
coincrawlin said:
Hokie...when I lived on the east coast I used to get boxes chock full of brand new 1996's and 1998's, and always from my credit union. Try ordering from a different bank if you can, might make a difference.

Lol funny you say that, when i first started ordering half boxes 2 months ago, i got a few that were almost all brand new 1996s, each still had a roll of random dates and managed to produce a few keepers. I did switch order banks and havent come across any full rolls of seemingly uncirculated clad dates

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread