What's new

It looks like im in a bit of a slump.... AGAIN

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week I did 8 CWI boxes of half's from 2 different banks in different towns and different CWI #'s on the boxes, all 8 boxes were skunks... :tard: The only keeper that I got all week was a sorry looking 1983s clad proof - LOL. I hope this isn't gonna be a repeat of last years 21 straight skunk box run, that was painfull to say the least... :-\

In all of the boxes the 2 main dates that kept poping up was 1971 & 1976, hundreds and hundreds of them, many with shiny edges. >:(

I hope everybody else is having better luck than me. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
One of my CWI box this past week was a solid 70's clad. Not a single 80, 90, or later. Very strange. Out of my 8 boxes this past week, I only pulled 11 40%. They were recently stamped Feb 3rd with the same inspector #.
 
TF, If it is then we should change your name to shake n bake #2.

Golden Silver
 
Bummer TF , that really sucks I am not doing much better the last 3 weeks I only averaging a 1.5 keepers per box..heres to some better boxes , Ed
 
I have not had the "pleasure" of experiencing cwi boxes. Most of the banks around my neck of the woods are serviced by Dunbar. So for I can't complain. Send you a little sacrifice to the ag gods.
 
Time for ya to concentrate on dimes again! Take a break, come back to halves later. I've noticed a trend, and when i do that i get a few good CWI boxes of halves.

If you take 13-15 silver dimes from 4 boxes, it's the equivelent to searching 2 boxes of halves and takin 3 90%, or 7-8 40%.
 
I have been in a terrible slump around here. (southeastern Michigan.)

90% of my boxes have been Skunks so far this year.

So 1 out of 10 I get something but still very little.

My best box this year came last week with about 30 keepers. all 40%.

I avg. 12 boxes a week and at this point have done 70 boxes this year.

7 have produced at least 1 keeper.

63 have been Skunks.

Mojo
 
have been in a terrible slump around here. (southeastern Michigan.)

Man talk about kicking a man when he is down. Next thing you know they'll close down Boblo Island. :wink:
 
Sorry about the skunks. You have had some great finds so far this year though. Hopefully it will pick back up.
 
TreasureFiend said:
This week I did 8 CWI boxes of half's from 2 different banks in different towns and different CWI #'s on the boxes, all 8 boxes were skunks... :tard: The only keeper that I got all week was a sorry looking 1983s clad proof - LOL. I hope this isn't gonna be a repeat of last years 21 straight skunk box run, that was painfull to say the least... :-\

In all of the boxes the 2 main dates that kept poping up was 1971 & 1976, hundreds and hundreds of them, many with shiny edges. >:(

I hope everybody else is having better luck than me. :tongue3:

Sorry to hear that Fiend! Keep at it and hopefully your luck will improve!!

BTW: I ABSOLUTELY HAAAATE those commemorative halfs!!! I wanna just chuck them across the room when I start getting about 7 to 10 per roll.
 
How quickly they forget the 38D they had just scored! Can't win everyday, it would take all the fun out of it! :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom