It takes a lot of balls to post a thread like this!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm a daily lurker and rare poster, but I just had to put this one up!

Price on the balls at a local yard sale was 12 for a dollar, or 2 for free.. haha

I was going to offer him $20 for the lot, but decided to give him the 'opportunity' to make me the first offer. "Say, Mister, how much for the whole lot?" "Oh... how does 5 bucks sound?" "SOLD"

361 balls - none water-logged - mostly leather. About a $400 eBay resale value.

So add this one to your lists folks! Any single leather baseball you come by is worth at least a buck resale. 8) Now get out there! :icon_thumleft:

baseballs.jpg

brendan1414 said:
Have fun shipping those puppies out :laughing9:

20 balls. Flat rate medium priority box, leave for the postman at work. Done! ;D

I once scored huge on a large lot of softballs at a garage sale.

I paid $20 for the entire lot, and IIRC, they sold for about $300. I sold them in lots of 25 balls.

I'd love to have that deal again...no worries of broken items during shipping!!!!

Dude, that was a score! "Batting Practice" baseballs ALWAYS sell good as long as they are in decent condition. Always sell mine in lots of 12 or 24 (since they come 12 to a case from manufacturers).

GT

SCdigger said:
Dude, that was a score! "Batting Practice" baseballs ALWAYS sell good as long as they are in decent condition. Always sell mine in lots of 12 or 24 (since they come 12 to a case from manufacturers).

GT

Yeah! The only reason I chose to sell in lots of 20 is b/c that's how many fit in a medium priority box. I finally got around to listing them last night. Settled on $22 for 20 balls using BIN. In less than 24hr I've sold 4 lots. I'm stoked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back