It was a cold night

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
The wind was blowing about 25 m.p.h.the temp was a balmy 22 ,not sure waht that translates into windchill but it was COLD.I met up with dsw08 from tn and hit a few beaches here on cape cod.So dressed nin as many layers as possible and still be able to swing our arms we braved the elements.
Luck was not with either one of us as on the first beach we were both skunked .We jumped in the car and grabbed some much needed heat .the nose was frozen and couldnt feel my fingertips ;/But the nuts that we were we decided to hit another beach .On the second beach there was a nice slopeing cut and low tide .We seared there up until midnight ,bottle caps and pull tabs seemed to be the order of the evening .I did manage thruout 5 hours of hunting to pull 1 clad quarter and 2 clad dimes and 2 memorial pennies .I do believe that dsw08 was skunked for the evening .
Got home after midnite to be able to sit and thaw was great .Yes there are crazy mders out there and i do believe we got the prize last night .So to all you people out thgere thinking winter is time off from detecting YOUR WRONG ,not sure when the next time we go but it was to say the least a rush on the senses .maybe next time we will have a little more luck

Upvote 0

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
I got skunked down here too. That storm blew....both literally and figuratively. I think i pulled $0.73 and a few sinkers in 2.5 hrs. Cold as balls. Maybe next time...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread