It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yank Spy was mislead; TWO trains... ONE train to move CSA "Stores" to Danville, Va. & ONE train to move Richmond, Va. "Stores" (VIRGINIA Gov't) to Lynchburg, Va. which became STATE CAPITAL of VIRGINIA for @ FOUR DAYS, after Richmond, Va. "fell". MY "focus" is on STATE of VIRGINIA "portion" of CSA Treasury, which is the BEALE TREASURE. THAT is what PV was alluding to in www.peterv.com/confed_treasure.htm. THAT is why NO "CSA" was stamped on ALL those GOLD BARS! SILVER BARS! JEWELRY from Southern Ladies!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Funny thing if the Va Gov. stores was removed to Lynchburg why was William "Extra" Smith the Governor in Danville, Va staying first at the home of Mrs. Wiley and then at Mayor William Clark's house on South Main Street.

Dunno; ask HIM...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
April 6-10, 1865. Lynchburg, Va. was VIRGINIA State Capital, as "Richmond Stores" were deposited in VARIOUS places. FIRST deposit BEFORE the CONFEDERATE WAR ended, was in the "SECOND YEAR OF THE CONFEDERATE WAR". THAT was Robert MORRISS' SECRET; FINAL deposit was in 1865, as the CONFEDERATE WAR "ended", and PV's 2nd book on the BEALE TREASURE alluded to this with FACTURAL info, which he utilized for his LAST book... CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: DUTY, HONOR, & DECEIT. PV's 2nd book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, Chapt. 22 - Mexican & Confederacy, p. 168... "A message from Lee to the CSA Secretary of War in Richmond said, 'I think Lynchburg or some point WEST the most advantageous place to which to remove stores from RICHMOND.' NO other city was named." AND! Pg 169-173 (PAY ATTENTION HERE) has the story indicated in PV'S last book; "Standing nearby was a train from Peterburg, headed for Lynchburg..." (with empty coffins), they (ELITE) put "containers of GOLD & SILVER into the coffins." ETC, ETC. "It was dark, when the train slowed and pulled onto a siding at the THAXON SWITCH" (WEST of Lynchburg & Liberty [Bedford City/Town]... EAST of MONTVALE/Bufordsville). An "advance man" was waiting... ANOTHER "Elite"? (Master Mason/Scottish Rite Mason/VMI Alumni/KGC?) Dunno. Read the REST of the story, yourself; FACTS? COULD BE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
First of all, Rebel. No train could leave Petersburg to go to Lynchburg. After the Battle of Five Forks the Yankees controlled the railroads. City Point Railroad had not been operated for years south of Petersburg because of Naval Blockades. Also coffins would not be shipped from Petersburg even if a train could get out of Petersburg. The only thing out of Petersburg was the Reb Army evacuating towards Richmond and all points west------the train could have been carrying dead bodies but not coffins. There were scores of coffins going up and down Main Street in Danville. If you asked any Danville Citizen at that time they would tell you that hundreds of Danville's finest were killed at Sayler's Creek. When in reality only two were wounded and one later died. There were 24 holes dug but no bodies to put in the Memorial prepared for them. Let your imagination wonder 24 empty holes for graves----why not place treasure in them?

Just reported what PV had in HIS Book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY; take it up with him... GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
For one reason was because the Yankees always checked freshly dug graves. That is why the graves were dug double deep. In later years even if you buried someone six feet deep you would not hit the buried treasure. I love the thinking of the Illuminati. They had a saying-------The enemy thought they had us surrounded-----we made a larger circle and had them surrounded.

The last act the City Council of Danville performed before the Yankee Army invaded Danville on April 26, 1865 was to get William Watson the Sexton of Greenhill Cemetery to dig those 24 graves. The first act the City Council of Danville performed after the Yankee Governors left was to pay Sexton William Watson for digging those 24 graves.

And with all that said that is not where the Confederate Gold is buried.

SO...? I NEVER said it was...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"CONFEDERATE UNDERGROUND RAILROADS" was a system by which slaves were transported North for their freedom from slavery and yes it was not always a railroad. But this has nothing to do with my and Rebels post.

The Underground Railroad WAS a slave-oriented "escape route to the NORTH"; the CONFEDERATE UNDERGROUND was a NETWORK for REBEL SPIES, and CSA SECRET SERVICE "doings", during the CONFEDERATE WAR. Baltimore, Md. had a "safe-house"; St. Loius, MO, NYC... on up to Canada. LOTS of CSA/KGC "Treasures" along "THE WAY". "Google" Confederate Underground/Secret Service. HH!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
For one reason was because the Yankees always checked freshly dug graves. That is why the graves were dug double deep. In later years even if you buried someone six feet deep you would not hit the buried treasure. I love the thinking of the Illuminati. They had a saying-------The enemy thought they had us surrounded-----we made a larger circle and had them surrounded.

The last act the City Council of Danville performed before the Yankee Army invaded Danville on April 26, 1865 was to get William Watson the Sexton of Greenhill Cemetery to dig those 24 graves. The first act the City Council of Danville performed after the Yankee Governors left was to pay Sexton William Watson for digging those 24 graves.

And with all that said that is not where the Confederate Gold is buried.
April,1865 was a very interesting time in Danville
The Arsenal fire:
Arsenal Explosion Danville, VA 1865
Davis at William T Sutherlin's house-site below contains period Danville street map,and an account of Mrs Sutherlin's offer of $1000 in gold coin to Davis:
Mrs. W. T. Sutherlin Recalls Jefferson Davis in Danville, Virginia
1865 letters from Jefferson Davis,Varina Davis,Lee,Grant,etc,a lot of period insight from these:
1865 Letters | Familytales
Note that the Union soldiers looted Varina's baggage after Davis was captured,taking her and her children's clothes,but was aided by the citizens of Savannah,Ga.
No treasure stories here,but well worth the read.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel, I have told you several times that I talked to PV about that book. He told me categorically that the book was fiction. I know you will say that it is "faction" but far from the truth it was purely fiction.

While everyone is searching for "fiction" I will continue my R & I into the facts.

NOPE! There are FACTS in there... FURTHER! Check out PV's book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a Mystery, pg. 169-173; Chapt. 22: Mexican War and Confederacy... pg. 170-172, is GREAT!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel, I have told you several times that I talked to PV about that book. He told me categorically that the book was fiction. I know you will say that it is "faction" but far from the truth it was purely fiction.

While everyone is searching for "fiction" I will continue my R & I into the facts.

FACTS...? Such as...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, for starters I have found where James Beverly Risque is buried. More important I have found where James Beverly Ward is buried. They are not buried in the same cemetery. As soon as I get to check out James Beverly Ward's grave just maybe Robert Morriss and Sarah his wife are buried there also. I have found out where JBW was living when he died------maybe some books there to find? I am sticking strickly with the Job Print Pamphlet----you need to do the same and forget about going outside the box. The box is big enough for both of us.

By the way Rebel is the book store of PV still open what did his wife do with all his research?

TY for giving us an "up-date", on YOUR search; keep us informed. Cindy sold the bookstore (which Peter owned), to a lady who opened a COUNSELING BIZ and Cindy moved NORTH to be with Ben, their son (Michigan, I think). PV had notes, maps, etc, & I really don't know what happened it; a collector may have bought it all, or Cindy may have given it to the Bedford Historical Society, if it was in PV's WILL... maybe it is "on-line", dunno.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BACK to "2nd Year"; was it 1863...? CW went from 1861-1865... 1863; year that Gen. Stonewall Jackson was shot & died of his wounds; RM died in 1863... was it a "death-bed" confession...? SWJ's body was conveyed by train to Lynchburg, Va. where it was transferred to a Packet Boat, that carried the remains up-river (James River) to Lexington, Va./VMI & interred. PONDERING... was SWJ, RM...? Hmmm... was 1863, the year of FIRST "deposit", near 9th Street Bridge in Lynchburg, Va. where "SWJ" was placed in Packet Boat on Canal, leading up to James River...? The MARSHALL was the name of the Packet Boat; ONLY the iron hull of the MARSHALL survived, over the years... it is in Riverside Park, here in Lynchburg, Va. TODAY!
9th Street ARCH (Bridge) STILL is standing near the River, next to RR Tracks & Depot Restaurant. Sorta DOES remind one of the 9th ARCH of Enoch in Royal Arch Masonry...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
For ppl who have PV's book, THE BEALE TREASURE:NEW History of a MYSTERY, Chapt.22, pg. 166-173, is "telling". Robert E. Lee was CAPTAIN of the US ARMY, in the War against Mexico in 1848; spent time in Mexico City. "One story bandied about is that Robert E. Lee was involved and that the gold & silver had indeed come from the southwest, but it had been looted from the Mexican government treasury during the American victory"... (p. 166). Was TJB, CAPT./GEN. Robert E. Lee in the Beale PAPERS...? FURTHER, PV "explored" the CSA Treasury... "There is speculation that the treasure was neither Indian nor Spanish, that it is not from 1819 and 1821, but rather the legendary "missing Confederate Treasury" of the 1860's". (p. 167). "President JEFFERSON Davis had the authority to direct the Treasury assets from Richmond be split by taking some to Danville, and having some sent WEST to be stashed in a safe, remote, rural spot somewhere near Lynchburg, (VIRGINIA) (p. 168-169). MORE "details" follow that are congruent with... Confederate Treasure Coverup

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
skimmed the thread, hoping id remember if this was discussed, anyway GEN. Robert E. Lee
spent a summer at capt. Pascal BUfords place during the CW, the whole article is interesting
source:
avenel the old Burwell home
The times dispatch. (Richmond, Va.) 1903-1914, April 15, 1906, Image 22 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

image_429x817_from_0,2649_to_883,4330.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions