What's new

It was Mc Buckle tough on the old copper trail

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironhorse and I set out yesterday in the hopes of a new area not very close to home would give up multiple good sites, and it had plenty of old signs, but just didn't work out. So we made our way back to where we've been digging and found a handful of targets but nothing special. Ironically my two keepers for the day, a complete shoe buckle frame and solid silver button that was engraved Mc, were somewhat of stray finds from the first area. So it's a strike out, just not one looking at strike 3... I got my hack in! :)
 

Attachments

  • mc1.webp
    mc1.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 165
  • mc2.webp
    mc2.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 128
  • mc5.webp
    mc5.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 157
  • mc4.webp
    mc4.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 26
congratsyoudidgreat-1.gif beautiful button :thumbsup:
 
fun hunt !!!!!
 
Cool button for sure!
It's too bad the site that should have been there was not to be found.

Gearing down on the copper trail is ok as long as we can pick up steam again. my coppers weren't anything to bother writing home about but I'm sure things will turn around!
 
Silver button is a keeper for sure. Mc Buckle, or Mc Donald
 
HEY PATCH , MAN THOSE FINDS MAKE ME WANT TO TEAR MY HAIR OUT , DANG WHAT A BUCKLE AND THE BUTTON SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Nice Linked-Button, silver is a bonus & you can sell it to any Mc.
 
HEY PATCH , MAN THOSE FINDS MAKE ME WANT TO TEAR MY HAIR OUT , DANG WHAT A BUCKLE AND THE BUTTON SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



A little bent but certainly would have been a looker if intact... but beggars can't be choosers, and I have been a buckle beggar for a long time now.
 

Attachments

  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    437.9 KB · Views: 122
Nice Linked-Button, silver is a bonus & you can sell it to any Mc.

I assume from a cufflink but it's bigger than pretty much all early cufflinks I see.
 
I assume from a cufflink but it's bigger than pretty much all early cufflinks I see.

Linked-Buttons are worn at the top of the shirt only, but the design is no different from the cufflinks, so I like to think they are interchangable or even matching.
 
Killer button, especially.
 
Now that Mc button is different, different is good!!! found many pieces of that style buckle but never complete! Sure a nice piece of old silver is coming soon!
 
Now that Mc button is different, different is good!!! found many pieces of that style buckle but never complete! Sure a nice piece of old silver is coming soon!



Yeah those buckles seem to be what the plow likes to chew on the most.
 
Man that button is a beauty! Surprised the buckle didn't take a hit from the plow! Lucky for you! :D Congrats IP!
 
Thats is definitely a cool button.
And love the open frame buckle.
There my favorite.
 
Beautiful silver button.
It would be wild to find a 2nd or 3rd matching silver button.
Then the mystery would really deepen.
Congrats on your finds
 
Openwork buckle is quite stunning, but that silver cuff certainly saved the hunt. Always interesting when there is a personal touch...makes you wonder who Mc may have been.
 
Great recovery on that buckle...I only have one complete open work buckle frame....they are fragile...that silver button is awesome!
 
Openwork buckle is quite stunning, but that silver cuff certainly saved the hunt. Always interesting when there is a personal touch...makes you wonder who Mc may have been.


You tell me? You know how you can find a personalized item and hope to get a lead.... well what do you do with this! LOL I was hunting near the water but not like it will help.
 

Attachments

  • mc.webp
    mc.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 81
You tell me? You know how you can find a personalized item and hope to get a lead.... well what do you do with this! LOL I was hunting near the water but not like it will help.

Judging by the names on that section of map, more than one boatload of immigrants from Ireland hit the shores there at one time, it could have been any one of those guys
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom